Trade Discussion 2018 thread #1 - We’re gonna need a bigger boat for the wave pool!

Which would see Stallion handling Aceman’s Wallis and leaving him with just nuts

1 Like

Wallis upgrade on Baguley?!

No chance.

If a player like Shiel is willing to nominate EFC then you handover your first pick plus more before you finish saying the words, “Welcome to Essendon”… It doesn’t matter if it’s a top 10 or a 10-18 range. Equivocating over his worth is self defeating.

9 Likes

He’ll offer more in 2020 than Baguley. Think that’s the argument.

Wallis averages 21.7 possessions, 4 tackles, 1.1 goals

Baguley averages 11.8 possessions, 3.8 tackles, 1 goal

Wallis is 5 years younger, 3 inches taller and can play as a ball winning midfielder.

16 Likes

Have we forgotten:

• Jaryd Lyons

• Touk Miller

• Dom Tyson

Dylan “Chris Judd” Shiels. The explosive pace, the stiff upper body, the strapping.

2 Likes

Shiel would arguably be our best inside mid and best outside mid which is why he is worth 2 first rounders full stop. If they offered us Kurt Aylett again as a package deal I would take it.

2 Likes

The Caulfield Grammar pedigree

2 Likes

Farking hope so…

mate a ■■■■■■■ witches hat would baguleys past the equinox.

1 Like

No doubt, but Kelly is not on the table.

If a player of Shiel’s quality is available and they agree to deal with us for 2 first rounders, we’d surely do the deal without giving it a second thought.

We don’t need this years first to come good in 4-5 years time and next years first to come good 6 years down the track we need a gun player straight into the middle next year who makes us a far more difficult team to beat for the next 5 or 6 years.

If Jackets somehow made this happen…i don’t even…

1 Like

I was a tad bemused by that myself. They play very different games. If we recruited Wallis to play Bags’s role, I’d want to rip Dodoro’s ■■■■ off myself. Dahlhaus, OTOH, could and probably would plat defensive forward.

BUT DOES HE HAVE A FARKIN HEADBAND???

5 Likes

I believe we need to adopt a ‘rig based approach’ to drafting. If we can’t win finals, that’s cool because we’ve got pipes to die for.

1 Like

Smith, Saad, Stringer were an amazing influx of talent. GWS made noise about not wanting to lose Smith but probably didn’t mind ‘cause they could cover his position. Suns definitely didn’t want Saad (super dynamic rebounding defender) to go but hands were tied for family reasons. And we all know about Stringer, a super talent who’s form in 2016/17 suffered because of off field stuff but still had tremendous upside if allowed to flourish in a supportive environment.

Fast forward to the upcoming trade period and Essendon are apparently into more A-grade midfield talent. In today’s presser Worsfold mentioned a singular talent they were interested in which suggests there’s no 2017 style raid. But that doesn’t mean supporters can’t dream …

Gaff and Shiel could possibly exceed the talent rating of the 3 S’s combined. Get those 2 players and the team will be going places big time. Top 4 a certainty.

5 Likes

They play completely different roles and as a consequence the data you present is completely inconsistent.

Wallis has actually been playing a role similar to Bags for much of this year. I don’t know if there’s injury/fitness concerns or if they may already believe he’s gone but even when they have had other mids out Wallis has spent most of the year rotating forward. This is why his goals per game are career high but his clearance numbers are well below his best.

I don’t believe anyone is suggesting he’s a comparable option to Sheil BUT he is potentially a free agent & his best footy has been as an inside mid - something we need. Dahlhaus is a better player but he’s had a worse year than Wallis & not sure if where we would use him. Wouldn’t be upset if we landed him though - has match winning ability.

And hes a Bomber fan…thw whole family is :wink:

Ok so according to a WC board member I spoke to last week, the Eagles would be very surprised if he goes to Essendon. The way he said it, sounded like we were no chance. I think he will stay at Eagles for 30% less than he’s been offered elsewhere

8 Likes