Trade Discussion 2018 thread #1 - We’re gonna need a bigger boat for the wave pool!

I have an insuperable mistrust of these “psychological “ companies. They strike me as being very cult-like.

5 Likes

Any chance can throw some dollars at Adelaides recruiting manger. With the amount of talent they have lost that group have done an incredible job.

3 Likes

And then his numbers at GC last year were excellent as a permanent mid.

Up and down this year and been dropped a few times IIRC which not ideal given how poor GC been

If they paid overs for Gibbs that is on them. Doesn’t mean we have to make a poor trade decision just because they did.

1 Like

Yep I would do it too. Except put redmans name instead of Francis for flexibility of negotiations. This would be juicy.

If Adelaide have the same cap as every other club, how the hell can they be in a situation where so many are ■■■■■■ off due to being underpaid? They have to be paying a bunch over market rate to be that tight on the cap.

Gibbs is a very good player. Hated him because he was carlscum, but still a very good player.

1 Like

They badly miss him this year…which is good…Fark Carlton.

2 Likes

Cal reckons we should be targeting Will Brodie if there was a mid-season draft. Would he be attainable / of interest? I know he was in the mix for pick 1 when we got Pidge, but haven’t heard or seen much of him since.

1 Like

Devon Smith did not finish in the top ten in the best and fairest at GWS last year.

Only played 16 games, knee injury late in season cost him the H&A games plus the 3 (?) finals

Yeah I agree. There are heaps of blokes that are all talked about in the post season draft threads then are forgotten about by us. I remember Paul Ahern was talked about heaps and then he finds himself at North on the cheap and he’s playing pretty well there.

Setterfield as well. Adien Bonar?

The point in that post was that he has finished top 3 before. It didn’t say last year.

1 Like

looks like Sloane will join Melbourne

Chasing Brodie would be a good idea!

Does that mean that Dom Tyson sees less opportunity on the horizon and so comes to us?

1 Like

Based on?

His sister just signed to the AFLW side I assume is why he said that. As per Lynch’s sister to Richmond and those assumptions.

Dees don’t have a need for Sloane really with their already very strong inside mid division

1 Like

yup was taking the pi55

Sloane supporetd the saints as a kid, but will go to the Hawks

Hawks rebuild midfield in a couple of seasons
Out - Mitchell, Lewis, Hodge
In Mitchell, Omeara, Sloane