Trade Targets

Anyone think Josh Greene would be worthwhile looking at?

1 Like

Correct

Straight swap for Kelly

Maybe we could get some steam knives with…

If he leaves, the best outcome would be if he heads to GWS.

Wonder if we can trade hurley hibberd to Melbourne hogan to Fremantle their first pick to us plus melbourne 1st pick next year

I wouldn’t want to do that deal myself. Hurley is worth more than that

I refuse to even contemplate Hurley leaving until he says it himself.

Two early first rounders for him, just as a worst case sceniro

A gun small forward and mid would be nice

Prestia and Motlop?

Yes please. Would cost us a fortune but would easily give up our 1st round pick (probably top 5) plus player for them

Wouldn’t worry about the money side of things. We’re cashed up. Chapman, Fletcher, Winderlich and possibly Gwilt will free up some coin, plus Ryder freed up a heap last year. Bellchambers won’t get anywhere near what he wants and we’ll probably lose one or two mid tier players through trades. So we’ve got the funds covered.

If Prestia is out of contract then he just needs to threaten to go to Carlton with first pick in the PSD. That makes trade negotiations with GC more possible.

And Geelong won’t be screaming out for a heap for Motlop because they will be the ones squeezing him out trying to keep Hawkins as well as acquiring Dangerfield and Henderson. Plus Enright staying on stuffs their plans.

Unlikely but not impossible to get both.

So are you saying the club is after these blokes or it’s just who you hope?

I didn’t say either.

ok then…can you say one of them…please :slight_smile:

I don’t speculate these days. If I said it was something I’d heard, then it didn’t come to fruition, I’d cop months of abuse on Twitter and here so I prefer not to sorry.

But it is definitely something I hope. If prefer Bennell over Motlop.

fair enough

Prestia and Motlop?

Yes please. Would cost us a fortune but would easily give up our 1st round pick (probably top 5) plus player for them

Wouldn’t worry about the money side of things. We’re cashed up. Chapman, Fletcher, Winderlich and possibly Gwilt will free up some coin, plus Ryder freed up a heap last year. Bellchambers won’t get anywhere near what he wants and we’ll probably lose one or two mid tier players through trades. So we’ve got the funds covered.

If Prestia is out of contract then he just needs to threaten to go to Carlton with first pick in the PSD. That makes trade negotiations with GC more possible.

And Geelong won’t be screaming out for a heap for Motlop because they will be the ones squeezing him out trying to keep Hawkins as well as acquiring Dangerfield and Henderson. Plus Enright staying on stuffs their plans.

I didn’t say either.

ok then…can you say one of them…please :slight_smile:

Prestia and Motlop?

small forward? better run him off HBF to work on his defensive game.

Prestia and Motlop?

Half-back line to die for.

Gorringe is absolute rubbish. (Expecting a Rolo-instigated insta-ban for that comment).

Only just saw this…

Prestia and Motlop?

Been saying Motlop for a year, so if he comes, I don’t GAF who comes with.

motlops at mid?

So ahern at gws is only a first year, so would be hard to get, and as a top 10 potentially expensive, but last 4 starts in the neafl averages 29 touches and more than a goal a game.

Quick and classy, and getting the ball. Just what we need.

He has re-signed with them without even playing a game unfortunately. No chance.

What about Pickett, any idea how he’s going? He looked a gun, they can’t fit them all in. 2 more off their list total next year…class will hit the market eventually.

Charlie Dixon from the Sun looks on the move. Article in the sun indicating that Brisbane are offering 600k per year over 5 years.

Injury prone forward with some work ethic issues but averages 2.4 goals a game this year. 1.25 goals per game over his career. Is 24 and 200cm. I hope we are having a sniff.

We could use a tall guy with injury problems and a bad work ethic.

Charlie Dixon from the Sun looks on the move. Article in the sun indicating that Brisbane are offering 600k per year over 5 years.

Injury prone forward with some work ethic issues but averages 2.4 goals a game this year. 1.25 goals per game over his career. Is 24 and 200cm. I hope we are having a sniff.

He wants to stay in QLD.

Bummer. Thanks Fog.

This is just me completely guessing, I have no info they’re even considering any of this, but I reckon they’d love Kelly. Simpkin is from a strong club and would also be a possibility, especially if they lose some mids over the trade season. They’ve lost some rucks in recent years and might still lose Nicholls, but I don’t think Jamar would want to go round again even if they want him. Dea might also have a shot. They’ll probably also look for older guys being ‘retired’ from strong sides due to list pressure but who may have some decent footy left in them.

They just badly need an infusion of maturity and leadership. They’ve gotten themselves in a really bad spot with what seems to be a dodgy culture among their first intake of kids, who are now 24ish and the heart of their list, and it’s going to be very difficult to get things straightened out.

Would rather target a mid.

Wonder if we can trade hurley hibberd to Melbourne hogan to Fremantle their first pick to us plus melbourne 1st pick next year

I wouldn’t want to do that deal myself. Hurley is worth more than that

I refuse to even contemplate Hurley leaving until he says it himself.