Training 16 August

I beg your pardon, he was also out there.

Raising his trade value?

if lav get selected and plays in the forwardline, then i dont know what to tell you

Break out game for the Lav.
20 plus touches n 2 goals.

1 Like

I’m not, and never have been, a fan of Laverde, but I watched him play against Port Melbourne two weeks ago, and he literally tore the game apart. It was a very impressive performance. He played forward/mid. We could do worse I think. I’m hoping that maybe he’s starting to find his feet.

8 Likes

Its taken many years for Myers to put together a season with training and playing continuity.

Whilst not suddenly agile,David has just has that little bit more in all facets,to have more impact.

Thats what I’m hoping for Lav.

2 Likes

I dont think its a good idea to wait 10 years to get consistent form out of any player.

myers is extremely lucky

He did that against the Bullants last year too. Kicked 6 goals in the VFL and completely dominated, then got played in the forwardline and 100% stunk it up. I got no issue if they want to play him through the midfield, but I just dont want him played in the forwardline on any permanent basis

Except in that game against the Bullants, Laverde never moved outside the forward 50.

1 Like

yeah i know, what im saying is that i basically dont want him played forward in the seniors

Spot on.

That game is often referenced but it was a little overrated.

He played as the main forward on a day where the ball was coming in thick and fast.

Langers even kicked a bag that day from midfield.

And the return game in Ballarat last season, Lav killed it, marked everything and kicked 4 or 5 iirc.
Doesn’t lack talent.

If he plays… he needs to work hard defensively, even if he thinks he is no chance of impacting the contest. He won’t get many games unless he adds this attribute to his game.

Guelfi train at all?