Training 23/3/21

The more I read the repetition of @John1 posts, the more I feel Clueless and braindead

3 Likes

Imagine writing themā€¦

2 Likes

Ignore listed for sanity

5 Likes

Blitz is a big tent

Prefer not to imagine myself naked in my mums basement

5 Likes

N=1.

All the stats nerds here will tell you that you need a bigger sample size.

Jonesā€™s kicking on the other handā€¦:laughing:

1 Like

I think itā€™s pretty evident that the club has picked two KPIs to target, 1. Getting more inside 50s and 2. Predecessor of point 1 playing a more agile defence thatā€™s willing to move the ball as soon as possible and follow the play to defend higher.
To me thatā€™s clearly changed since Worsfold era. Since last year we have continued to move ball by hand and carry from our mids and a line of defenders. If we turn it over in this passage we have the numbers to create a contest which is a big change pre 2020.
As for tagging I donā€™t think weā€™re going against the grain of other teams. Itā€™s been years since there has been significant instances of having a player tagged all throughout a game. We would regress even further if we went out and tagged instead of playing a team defence. We could get a word out to be more accountable around stoppages and the rebound but thatā€™s as far as we and other teams need to go.

3 Likes

Iā€™d genuinely like to get John1ā€™s thoughts on vaccinations.

21 Likes

I for one welcome our new John1 overlord

5 Likes

Say what you want about @John1, but the guy brings it every post.

3 Likes

Itā€™s the foot skills. For better or worse Truck only wants good users of the ball down back. Ambrose also a lockdown defender- not sure that really fits what we are trying to do either.

Hooker might get a game back this week - but if Stewart and Stringer were fit I think heā€™d be out of the 22.

I for one donā€™t want to live in a world without @John1 and @Finding_Nino s

2 Likes

Itā€™s that kind of aggressive consistency that EFC is missing. Iā€™m sure John would agree.

Good post. Clear developments since last year.

Brings what exactly - pessimistic views? Letā€™s write the coach and players off after 1 game - thatā€™ll work.

Maybe Iā€™ve been conditioned to not expect much, but I am sure as hell ainā€™t going to slit my wrists over 1 gameā€¦

1 Like

Rage. Pure, incandescent rage.

Injecting 5G into us I tell you.

2 Likes

What I have seen so far is a mirror image of the last coach from 2020 ,to the naked eye retten has not brought structural change or any strategy ,itā€™s the same defeative gameplay worsfold implemented for 5 year, nobody can point out any new strategy to counter this statement, worsfold refuse vociferous to tag opposition midfielders and retten has got the same methodology, it wouldnā€™t matter if you got a team of John Colemen

I always wondered what would happen if you put someone on the ignore list. Would you still see replies to what they said and be like ā€œwhat are they talking about?ā€ It be like a ghost moving objects in front of me and I would be like ā€œhow did that moveā€

5 Likes

A postergeist, if you will.

19 Likes