Training - 23rd April 2021

Rutten Said Wright and Phillips to share ruck duties

2 Likes

That Worsfold stain is really, really hard to shift…

Of the two should be Jones to find form in the 2’s

Like the kid he will be a ripper.

Either going in super tall and keeping Jones in, or they’ll drop H for balance up forward. 3 200cm or thereabouts forwards isn’t conducive for applying defensive forward pressure, something we haven’t been great at for a while anyway…

Wouldn’t want to be near him in the huddle then…

1 Like

Yep Phillips is in. Wright stays in the team and goes back to the forward with the odd pinch hit in the ruck.

Zaka can kick straight, but should be made to earn his spot.

Rutten suggested too kids not having a rest this weekend so Jones might stay and Waterman to make way

Wright better kick goals this weekend and not just running on a treadmill like he does

1 Like

Going back to the Rounds 1 & 2 forward formation would be such an Essington thing to do. It is very clear that our forward line functions better with Waterman in there rather than Wright.

3 Likes

THIGHS

2 Likes

I still don’t see what the coaches see in 2MP!

Stewy straight in would be a shock for me

Means Stewart for Ridley

BZT doubt would play

Reid hasn’t trained all week either though

1 Like

Zac Reid has snapped in half (12th man voice)

14 Likes

On the surface it would shock me too. But with Ridley 100% out and Reid likely out it’s stretching defensive depth so I can kind of see it.

Francis > plays the Ridley Role
Stew > Plays the Francis Role
BZT > Plays full back
Lav > Looks hot

4 Likes

Sounds like it may well be Phillips, Stewart and Zaka in for Jones, Reid and Waterman?

You forgot that Ridley’s out this week.

Swap Jones for JR and you’re probably right.

1 Like

Yeah. $hit.

No idea then haha

I think he’s calling for the sticky tape is he?
He might be showing a tonne of guts but he’s showing got no ■■■■■■■ brains if you ask me Tony…

10 Likes