Training 29th Nov

Go through every league in Australia and find a 22 year-old small forward that’s dominated.
Give him a one year contract.

Lid Off

7 Likes

Snello, fastest and best tank? Also handy for toughness and kicking a good few snags, culminating in 3rd in last years Crichton !

He might be a bit underestimated by some, especially externally.

24 Likes

3rd in last year’s best and fairest very clearly says Over-rated internally.

3 Likes

I think some of our plethora of mids, especially the younger ones will have to follow the Parish protocol and spend a few frustrating years playing as small forwards, particularly in the “high half forward” role where they look for clearances at stoppages as far up as the wings right down to the forward pockets.

Convinced the boss (Essendon fan as well) to head down for smoko.
He regretted his decision when an errant kick for goal got him between the legs :joy:

Also, was that Voss running with Tippa on the other oval?

21 Likes

Possibly because he is disciplined enough to do exactly what the coaches tell him to do.

3 Likes

Great.
Give him best clubman.
Give him most determined.
Give him the coaches award.

Gettin’ real tired of people bringing this Obvious misnomer as proof of anything.
Other than the Essendon B&F is very, very, very silly.

13 Essendon players polled Brownlow votes last year.
Snelling was not one of them.

1 Like

Thats a good point. He is doing very well for a player who has never actually had a “breakout” year.

But, we all know that the Brownlow is a midfielders award, so only midfielders and Buddy ever poll votes.

Perhaps those 13 polled the Brownlow votes they did because Snelling did what he did for the team.

23 Likes

Hooker polled two.
But hey, I will take any rating system at all.
Anything.
Did he poll a vote in the AFLPA Player of the year?

Ninth in goal kicking for Essendon players.

Anyway, enough.
No-ones putting Snelling’s year ahead of Any one of Parish, Zerrett or Ridley.
Except the Essendon Football Club.
So just stop it.

3 Likes

Do you like jahmal stretch?

1 Like

He ranks elite for disposals, tackles (i50 too), DE and pressure acts.

Nobody is over or underrating him at all. He’s a damn handy player

8 Likes

B and Fs are very political. How often do you see a new recruit finish super high because it looks good for the club? My favourite was when Stef Martin, Dayne Beams and Mitch Robinson all tied (along with Zorko) for the Lions b and f, all in their first season. Headlines immediately followed about what a great off-season the Lions had! I rate Snelling but he’s clearly not the 3rd best player at the club, nor did he have the third best year (which is fine btw).

They can be manipulated for RFA reasons, too, although I’m not suggesting that’s what happened here.

I AM suggesting his 3rd in the B&F can and should be completely ignored due to it being extremely silly.

1 Like

Lets cut to the chase I think the question we all want to know is how did McDonagh go, was he at training?

5 Likes

So ignore our coaches votes but not the umpires votes?

2 Likes

I think hobbs will play as a small forward next year. They’ll want him in the side, but he wouldn’t get a full time midfield gig in his first year. He also has some forward craft we have been told.

2 Likes

Our coaches vote in the AFLPA.
Happy to have them considered.

Again, happy to have Any Other thing considered.
Anything.
The Nobby.
The HS or Age player of the year.

The Mornington CWA’s loveliest player award…

1 Like

Langford?