Training 29th Nov

He will probs play a bit more half forward I would guess, come up to the contest and rotate with Stringer, as will Caldwell. We really struggled with our contest work outside of the centre square, he will be a big boost for that.

Let us know of any train on players please

Clarke
Wanganeen
Moore
Misiti
Fejo Jnr
etc

How about just watching the games? He quite clearly passes the eye test for me and adds plenty of value to our team. (I know you’re not saying he doesn’t add value)

It shouldn’t worry you if someone wants to mention his 3rd place finish nor should it worry others if he isn’t rated externally.

I’m glad he plays for us, every team needs players like Snelling.

Plus discrediting his 3rd place finish is not fair to him, he and his family would be so proud of that accomplishment.

26 Likes

You know, I hadn’t considered it, but it’s pretty weird he finished 3rd in the B&F as voted by the coaches when he only polled 3 times in the AFLCA award as voted by the coaches, and got 1 vote each time.

The fact he finished 3rd means that, according to how our BnF votes are distributed, he was rarely injured and was consistent across the whole year.

Like sorry he’s not Z. Merrett?

Just on this - the reason is because the AFLCA votes get given out to the 5 best players on field in each game.

With our BnF, votes are given to every player on a 1-5 scale. So it’s not weird that he ranked on ours but not the Brownlow/AFLCA, it’s just a matter of how the voting systems are different.

10 Likes

All of that is fine.
It’s still, clearly, obviously, over-rating him as a player.
Doesn’t mean he’s no good.
It’s just not an accurate representation of his season. At all in any way.

I’m not even cross that he was awarded it.

I’m cross with posters using it as some sort of justification for any point other than the EFC clearly overrated his season.

It is so far outside of any possible reasonable measure that it’s irrelevant.

1 Like

Ahmed Saad kicks bags of goals for West-Preston

1 Like

Right???

Our B&F voting is based on “how well did they play their role?” rather than “who played the best?” - it’s more understandable that way.

7 Likes

That’s because he’s lippy. Like Dev Smith.

Snelling is a very good player.

2 Likes

I mean…maybe either change the name of the award, or accept it for what it is?
Again, not annoyed that he got it.
At all.

Annoyed that some posters are using it as sole justification why we can’t, won’t and shouldn’t be dropped ever.

1 Like

So, anyone else interested to hear more about training?..

41 Likes

Just shitposting until the report comes in.

4 Likes

Every player on a 1-5 by every coach, plus up to 5 votes for (the thing that clearly actually got him into the top 3) “key Bomber attributes”. Anyway, back to training.

2 Likes

B&F results aren’t like a Brownlow where midfielders win it time and time again. The fact Snello finished third shows how highly regarded he is internally. He’s not a player that catches the eye in terms of averaging 30 disposals or kicking 40-50 goals in a season. But he works hard, applies great defensive pressure and clearly he does what he’s asked to do by the coaches. That may not translate into Brownlow votes. Geoff Raines was the raging hot Brownlow favourite in 1980, won the Tigers B&F in a canter in a premiership year yet didn’t poll a single vote.

4 Likes

Carey never won a Brownlow either. Never came close.

Perhaps we have the next Carey on our hands.
Is that your point?

Edit: reckon Raines probably kicked a few more goals that year.

12 Likes

Looks like a tough day at training.
Happy to sit here with the blind over the window.

4 Likes

Looks like they just watched a replay of all our finals appearances since the 2004 semi final

13 Likes

On VHS.