Training 7/12/16

Hurley doesn't count as an intercept marking power house down back? What I saw in the very first Francis highlight video was Hurley Mark II.

Compared to what hooker gave us? No. I don’t think contested marking has ever been one of Hurley’s great strengths, notwithstanding that he is rarely beaten in a contest.

Contested marking isn’t intexcept marking though.

Intercept marking is both contested and uncontested. The better mark you are the better intercept marker you will be. Hurley is many things but he is far from a great mark.

Sorry, can't help myself: "Fulsome : offensive to good taste, especially as being excessive; overdone or gross" Forget the spellcheck get a dictionary (not a dictionAIRY). Sorry!

I have no desire to be pedantic but I see Blitz as being educational and I think I see where you have been misled. I have the 20 volume hardbound edition of the Oxford English Dictionary which I rate ahead of Macquarie, Websters etc. as the definitive source of the English language (and also for Scrabble).

On pages 255 & 256 of volume VI seven different definitions of fulsome are listed. The first of these says "Characterized by abundance, possessing or affording copious supply; abundant, plentiful, full. First used circa 1250 Gen. & Ex. 2153 De vii. fulsum 3eres faren.

It is in this sense that I used the word to describe Sheedy’s generous praise of Worsfold. Not any of the other six possible meanings.

I think the context in which the word was used would support this.

I hope this clears the matter up to your satisfaction and I think that a literary discussion like this raises the tone of Blitz from its frequent quagmire of puns.

Bit did Sheeds mention how he would have signed Worsfold as a teenager but for Antrobus making us waste a Form Four by letting his first one run out (2 years’ expiry). I’d rather have had Woosha than a guy who thought he was tough because he had tatts and a mullet (the only tough things about him).

Sorry for the absence of puns, jackie.

Wtf Cale is Francis too much of beast for you already?

Putting a Hooker and a Franga together isn’t so safe after all. :o

Putting a Hooker and a Franga together isn’t so safe after all. :o

Franga slips out of hooker’s grasp

Sounds about right

Bit did Sheeds mention how he would have signed Worsfold as a teenager but for Antrobus making us waste a Form Four by letting his first one run out (2 years’ expiry). I’d rather have had Woosha than a guy who thought he was tough because he had tatts and a mullet (the only tough things about him).

I didn’t know that thanks for sharing.

Thanks as always Jackie… Have organised to be in Melb for our first hit out against Collingwood…very excited…can’t wait!

If Francis comes along as expected and Stewart can hold down FF then Hooker is a shoe in to play key defence alongside Hurley, Hartley and one of Brown/Ambrose.

For me, where Hooker plays is dependent on what Stewart can do.

I didn’t know that thanks for sharing.

You’re never 100% sure Sheeds is telling the unvarnished truth though.

And careful about editing HTML. For each starting tag,there must be a closing one, as in < zzz ></ zzz>.

Meanwhile at the TVSC …

Sorry, can't help myself: "Fulsome : offensive to good taste, especially as being excessive; overdone or gross" Forget the spellcheck get a dictionary (not a dictionAIRY). Sorry!

I have no desire to be pedantic but I see Blitz as being educational and I think I see where you have been misled. I have the 20 volume hardbound edition of the Oxford English Dictionary which I rate ahead of Macquarie, Websters etc. as the definitive source of the English language (and also for Scrabble).

On pages 255 & 256 of volume VI seven different definitions of fulsome are listed. The first of these says "Characterized by abundance, possessing or affording copious supply; abundant, plentiful, full. First used circa 1250 Gen. & Ex. 2153 De vii. fulsum 3eres faren.

It is in this sense that I used the word to describe Sheedy’s generous praise of Worsfold. Not any of the other six possible meanings.

I hope this clears the matter up to your satisfaction and I think that a literary discussion like this raises the tone of Blitz from its frequent quagmire of puns.

I always thought Antrobus went alright, he flew the flag when Dermie went through us in 89.

I always thought Antrobus went alright, he flew the flag when Dermie went through us in 89.

Yep.
He loved a scrap did the Ant, dished out a couple of good beatings in the SANFL back in the day

Flew the flag, my rear end.

Gave away a ridiculous off-the-ball free cancelling a Long goal that would have put us an extra goal in front.

Self-indulgent sniper - waste of time and effort recruiting him.

Flew the flag, my rear end. Gave away a ridiculous off-the-ball free cancelling a Long goal that would have put us an extra goal in front. Self-indulgent sniper - waste of time and effort recruiting him.
That was my memory of him too.

I thought he was good before he did his knee.

I heard from an extremely good source at the time that the surgeon operated on the wrong knee. So of course he was finished after that.

Flew the flag, my rear end.

Gave away a ridiculous off-the-ball free cancelling a Long goal that would have put us an extra goal in front.

Self-indulgent sniper - waste of time and effort recruiting him.

I think for memory we left it too late to get him over. My memory is we drafted him in 81 or 82 but the club didn’t get him over there to 87. He was fantastic in 83 over here winning the Magarey although Kernahan won it in a canter but was ineligible. Injuries took their toll and Essendon never saw the best of him.

I thought he was good before he did his knee.

I heard from an extremely good source at the time that the surgeon operated on the wrong knee. So of course he was finished after that.

???

If Francis comes along as expected and Stewart can hold down FF then Hooker is a shoe in to play key defence alongside Hurley, Hartley and one of Brown/Ambrose.

For me, where Hooker plays is dependent on what Stewart can do.

Agree. Reckon Stewart might suprise with what he achieves next year. Just a hunch.

Stewart looks a good size and mobile. If he can play he will be a great addition.