Training 7/12/16

I still think if we can get Francis up to fitness to play 3rd tall fwd it’s where we need him most.

Freak overhead, strength, courageous, pace, very defensively minded and tackles with intent. Knows how to find the goals be it roosts from outside 50 or bananas from the pocket.

The trio of Hooker, Daniher (f/r) & Francis is an unbelievably good marking triple threat. Combined with Raz, TIPPA & Lav/Green/Howlett and we have ourselves a very dangerous & exciting fwd line.

Morgan watch?

On his wrist

Morgan watch?

On his wrist

Did you try and fob him off?

Jarryd Roughead, welcome to the new you. His name is Francis and he’ll be terrorising Hawthorn for the next decade.

Deal with it gif.

I still think if we can get Francis up to fitness to play 3rd tall fwd it's where we need him most.

Freak overhead, strength, courageous, pace, very defensively minded and tackles with intent. Knows how to find the goals be it roosts from outside 50 or bananas from the pocket.

The trio of Hooker, Daniher (f/r) & Francis is an unbelievably good marking triple threat. Combined with Raz, TIPPA & Lav/Green/Howlett and we have ourselves a very dangerous & exciting fwd line.

Yes I can see the attraction of that but I think with hooker forward we lack a intercept marking power house down back. When you also take into account the prospect of Langford, Watson, bj and laverde mixing their time between midfield and a medium forward role I think the bigger hole is down back for the time being.

That isn’t too say you wouldn’t throw Francis forward on occasion to crazy don’t match up nightmares

I still think if we can get Francis up to fitness to play 3rd tall fwd it's where we need him most.

Yes I can see the attraction of that but I think with hooker forward we lack a intercept marking power house down back. When you also take into account the prospect of Langford, Watson, bj and laverde mixing their time between midfield and a medium forward role I think the bigger hole is down back for the time being.

That isn’t too say you wouldn’t throw Francis forward on occasion to crazy don’t match up nightmares

Both Brown & Gleeson excel at that.

St. Francis aintnosissi.

IMO Mitch Brown 3rd tall defender is our intercept player, he has shown he has the ability there, cool head and can rack up possessions. Harry Taylor like.

Brown simply lacks the ground level ability and pressure that Francis can provide up forward, and also won’t be splitting packs open either, or able to do the freakish stuff we’ve already seen on goal from Francis.

Both Brown & Gleeson excel at that.

Brown, yes, but will be play? Gleeson, come on. He certainly developed this aspect of his game last season but he is far from being a competition leading intercept player. I still feel he lacks real authority in the air and can look for contact a bit.

Sorry, can't help myself: "Fulsome : offensive to good taste, especially as being excessive; overdone or gross" Forget the spellcheck get a dictionary (not a dictionAIRY). Sorry!

I have no desire to be pedantic but I see Blitz as being educational and I think I see where you have been misled. I have the 20 volume hardbound edition of the Oxford English Dictionary which I rate ahead of Macquarie, Websters etc. as the definitive source of the English language (and also for Scrabble).

On pages 255 & 256 of volume VI seven different definitions of fulsome are listed. The first of these says "Characterized by abundance, possessing or affording copious supply; abundant, plentiful, full. First used circa 1250 Gen. & Ex. 2153 De vii. fulsum 3eres faren.

It is in this sense that I used the word to describe Sheedy’s generous praise of Worsfold. Not any of the other six possible meanings.

I think the context in which the word was used would support this.

I hope this clears the matter up to your satisfaction and I think that a literary discussion like this raises the tone of Blitz from its frequent quagmire of puns.

Francis FF
Hooker Chf

Let JD roam between the arcs Riewoldt style.

Francis FF Hooker Chf

Watch the last fark Carlton win . Give him the ball just forward if centre and watch em sail through from60+

Francis FF Hooker Chf

I actually think Joe’s best position is the Josh Jenkins style roaming fwd with a few minutes here and there in the ruck. It would allow us not to play both Bellchambers and Lueny in the same side which would give us more speed and flexibility.

Francis FF Hooker Chf

Watch the last fark Carlton win . Give him the ball just forward if centre and watch em sail through from60+

Couldn’t of kicked that any sweeter.

Hurley doesn’t count as an intercept marking powerhouse down back? What I saw in that very first Francis highlight video was Hurley Mark II.

Francis FF Hooker Chf

I actually think Joe’s position is the Josh Jenkins style roaming fwd with a few minutes here and there in the ruck. It would allow us not to play both Bellchambers and Lueny in the same side which would give us more speed and flexibility.

Agree about Leuy & Tbell, it has to be one or the other but if the ball is deep forward i can see Hooker giving one of them a chop out.

Sorry, can't help myself: "Fulsome : offensive to good taste, especially as being excessive; overdone or gross" Forget the spellcheck get a dictionary (not a dictionAIRY). Sorry!

I have no desire to be pedantic but I see Blitz as being educational and I think I see where you have been misled. I have the 20 volume hardbound edition of the Oxford English Dictionary which I rate ahead of Macquarie, Websters etc. as the definitive source of the English language (and also for Scrabble).

On pages 255 & 256 of volume VI seven different definitions of fulsome are listed. The first of these says "Characterized by abundance, possessing or affording copious supply; abundant, plentiful, full. First used circa 1250 Gen. & Ex. 2153 De vii. fulsum 3eres faren.

It is in this sense that I used the word to describe Sheedy’s generous praise of Worsfold. Not any of the other six possible meanings.

I think the context in which the word was used would support this.

I hope this clears the matter up to your satisfaction and I think that a literary discussion like this raises the tone of Blitz from its frequent quagmire of puns.

Yeah, you wouldn’t want to get bogged down in those kinda threads, eh? eh?

Hurley doesn't count as an intercept marking power house down back? What I saw in the very first Francis highlight video was Hurley Mark II.

Compared to what hooker gave us? No. I don’t think contested marking has ever been one of Hurley’s great strengths, notwithstanding that he is rarely beaten in a contest.

Hurley doesn't count as an intercept marking power house down back? What I saw in the very first Francis highlight video was Hurley Mark II.

Compared to what hooker gave us? No. I don’t think contested marking has ever been one of Hurley’s great strengths, notwithstanding that he is rarely beaten in a contest.

If contested marking was a strength of Hurley, he would never have been moved from the forward line.

Contested marking isn’t intexcept marking though.