Training 7/2/14

Hi guys I rarely post on here, but I was there today. Winders was on fire so to was Steinberg up the other end both out marking their opponents. I was really impressed with Gleeson today he has the ability to find space;

Agree with your comments about Gleeson today he was terrific.

Poor old Gregory. Can't remember if there has ever been a training where he has been mentioned for anything other than being totally knackered. How is he tracking?

Also thanks for the Dell/Stein mentions. Serious momentum.

Poor old Gregory. Can't remember if there has ever been a training where he has been mentioned for anything other than being totally knackered. How is he tracking?

Also thanks for the Dell/Stein mentions. Serious momentum.

He has certainly improved since last season and is in the play much more than previously.  Don't want to be misleading about his fitness he's fine for a player of his lanky build and experience and part of the reason he is very tired towards the end of a session is that he is really putting in on the track.

Just wanted to say thanks again to jackie and others for the training reports! Love how you guys attempt to answer or incessant questions too

Kudos

Sorry jacky I wish I knew what you looked liked. I was the good looking unit in the suit and tie.

Hi Jackie,

Just a quick one … Based on what you have seen in this preseason is Steinberg close to best 22 ?

Just wondering !!!

Hi Jackie,
Just a quick one ... Based on what you have seen in this preseason is Steinberg close to best 22 ?
Just wondering !!!

DO NOT answer this pls.

can we not use Winderlich and tearing in the same sentence.

can we try Licha is destroying, battering, smashing, overthrowing....anything but tear and tearing.

thanks in advance

Hi Jackie,
Just a quick one ... Based on what you have seen in this preseason is Steinberg close to best 22 ?
Just wondering !!!

Best 26 perhaps - best 22 is difficult because it is affected by the balance needed for the side.  I'm not particularly pushing his barrow but calling it as I see it his pre season form has been his best at the club.

Licha sounds like he’s had his best pre season in a long time

Licha’s in our top 5, we’re a far better team with him in it. Imagine a full season out of him.

GREGORY.

Continues to be mentioned.

Hi Jackie,
Just wondering !!!

Best 26 perhaps - best 22 is difficult because it is affected by the balance needed for the side.  I'm not particularly pushing his barrow but calling it as I see it his pre season form has been his best at the club.

thats a fantastic effort by Steinberg.

would you consider Hardingham a part of that perhaps 26 or has the berg floated past him. I suppose since he can also play back would he also threaten Pears?

Neither Licha nor Chappy should play in the NAB cup. Put them both on ice.

Needs aside, is JD best 22 on pre-season form?

I don't understand the question.

When I saw him he showed good signs against Hooker and was kicking straight.

That'll do me.

Any sign of Dempsey?

Any sign of Dempsey?

dempsey-willard-art.jpeg

Based on what you have seen in this preseason is Steinberg close to best 22 ?

So what you‘re saying is "see nearly every VFL report last year" then… ‘cept they actually let him leave full-back for a ******* change!
Funny, that.

Neither Licha nor Chappy should play in the NAB cup. Put them both on ice.

+ Ryder