Training 7 May 2015 including Pics

I went to a number of training sessions in the pre-season, as did Karmabomber, Jackie, and quite a few others. As a result of this exposure to the training I saw, I felt rather upbeat about our prospects this year.

But 5 weeks in, we are not travelling at the level I had expected. I must admit I felt we would be 4+1 at this point, not 3+2. But more problematic is that problems all too obvious in 2014 seem to have hung over between the previous coaching incumbency and the new senior and senior assistant coaches.

So, Karmabomber. Did you have a similar optimism at the end of the pre-season ? Or was it a case of, “seen it all before”

You expected us to beat Sydney and Hawthorn?

I went to a number of training sessions in the pre-season, as did Karmabomber, Jackie, and quite a few others. As a result of this exposure to the training I saw, I felt rather upbeat about our prospects this year.

But 5 weeks in, we are not travelling at the level I had expected. I must admit I felt we would be 4+1 at this point, not 3+2. But more problematic is that problems all too obvious in 2014 seem to have hung over between the previous coaching incumbency and the new senior and senior assistant coaches.

So, Karmabomber. Did you have a similar optimism at the end of the pre-season ? Or was it a case of, “seen it all before”

You expected us to beat Sydney and Hawthorn?

I expected us to beat Carlton, StKilda , Collingwood and one of Sydney or Hawthorn ( but more probably Sydney because they start the season slowly), but as I said, this was based on my very "upbeat " perception of where our players were at.