Training 7th Feb 2022

Great to hear Big Sammy is practicing his coach tackling.
Now when do we play Hawthorn & that little scumbag Mitchell?

28 Likes

Doesnā€™t seem too bad

18 Likes

Maybe something about his mullet.

1 Like

Nothing against Hurley, but heā€™s past it as a player, and I care about results. I hope we have moved past the days of keeping players around because they have been a good servant of the club, which is the mentality of a very average team, which we have been for far too long.

Rutten however seems results focused and has made some brilliant calls of moving on Hooker, Zaharakis etc, so we can invest in the future instead. We now seem to be operating with a winning culture again

8 Likes

Hobbs takes tippas spot rnd 1 with short burst in midfield

11 Likes

Announce Hobbs the messiah Rd 1

3 Likes

I liked you better when you called yourself Natalie and I pretended you were a hot nurse.

14 Likes

Howā€™s Durham going?

Feel like he was mentioned a bit pre-Christmas but havenā€™t heard his name since.

2 Likes

Ho Hum ā€¦ Another poster to put on ignore

Nothing against Hurls here, just like the way Rutten is operating and making way for the new guard

1 Like

What your talking about is becoming a club without a soul.

4 Likes

I am talking about becoming a club that wins premierships. Footy is about winning premierships and is a results driven business after all ā€¦ I just think a lot of Essendon people have forgotten what that means after 20+ years in the wilderness

6 Likes

It is possible to be a successful club while at the same time treat your greats with the respect they deserve.

Crazy, I know.

37 Likes

This.

I am not talking about unceremoniously dumping Hurley, but heā€™s 31 and his footy days are numbered, and I just donā€™t get the hype of him coming back into the team, as we are building something exciting with these new players.

Naming Hurley, Zaharakis and Hooker greats of the club is a bit insulting to the actual greats of the club like Hirdy and Lloyd, who actually won premierships for the club and were some of the best players to ever play the game ā€¦ Hurley is not even close to one of our greats

6 Likes

Which is all fair. Doesnā€™t mean we shouldnā€™t be excited by his pending return from a serious injury that almost resulted in him losing his leg.

Not sure saying Hurley is a club great is insulting to Hird and Lloyd. Iā€™m sure they would be fine with it.

13 Likes

Certainly when I think about when guys like Hurley and Hooker were at their physical peaks their failure to take the club to the status of contenders around, oh I donā€™t know letā€™s say 2016, really reflects poorly on them as players.

8 Likes

Yeah thereā€™s nobody who id want to win a final more than hurls and hepp but based on 2020 form of his heā€™s way down the pecking order.

Who knows how he will come back after such a serious injury.

I think this is universally accepted. But it is also not the point.

13 Likes