Training 7th Feb 2022

26 Likes

You assume that he had to find the gifā€¦

13 Likes

Staples of our forward KPP will be 2MP and Francis. I wouldnā€™t mind seeing 2MP and Baldwin in the forward line. But from what training reports say, Baldwin may go missing for too much in games.

Operation get Ben King

1 Like

He can go missing for 115 minutes per game, as long as he uses his full thirty seconds each time to ensure he converts the ten set shots.

1 Like

Great to see Hurley has put on some size again.

2 Likes

Providing full fitness Iā€™d have Jones as a staple of the forward line ahead of Francis.

Francis gets a game if the coaches want to play Jones, 2MP, Stringer (post clearance) and Frang in the one fwd line.

To his credit he is putting in a cracking pre-season and giving himself every chance.

7 Likes

Operation we already have Harry Jones :wink:

2 Likes

oi!! What I choose to record in my own time is my business!!

7 Likes

Jones and King

Oh yeah baby

Thought Iā€™d pop in a short training report since there wasnā€™t one today. Not exactly the usual quality sorry!

Modified group was:
Jones, Reid, Waterman and Hurley - Did running on the other oval. As seen on socials Hurley later did more reps on the main oval which the group cheered and Hurley responded to with a bow.
Stringer - Was inside for most of the day, then came out to walk and jog laps. Was in good spirits and would yell instructions to the forwards as he passed them. Fairly sure I heard him say to one of the boys that he would be running again tomorrow and then training Thursday. It was either that or running both days.
Eyre - only appeared after training had finished, to go through some light skipping and running drills.

Absent: Stewart and BZT

Training had started by the time I arrived just after 10am and they trained through till around 12:15am.

It was the first session Iā€™ve watched post Christmas and the completion of transition from pre-season into match-sim and game situation specific drills was obvious.

What stood out to me was that all drills were of a very high intensity - there was no skill based drills, everything was split into two or more teams where they would compete hard for a period of time, break, and then repeat.

Two umpires were again present and umpired all of the match simulation drills.
The first of these involved the group being split - The midfielders and rucks ran a centre clearance drill amongst themselves while the forwards and the backs split into their respective groups and lined up on each other.
The ball was kicked into the forward line, where the forwards would attempt to score and the defenders would attempt to clear.

Laverde and Kelly sought out one of the umpires at the beginning of this drill and appeared to be asking exactly how much holding (arms around) they could do without a free being called. Two minutes later Laverde had this exact free called against him, much to his loud and prolonged displeasure.
Francis impressed me here, and between restarts Lord sought out Francis to ask about positioning around the marking contest, which he provided instruction on.
Peter Wright looked good also and kicked a couple of goals when they later progressed into full ground match simulation.
Brand looked noticeably fitter than the last time I saw him, he looks a great athletic size now.

They finished up with a short period of goal-kicking, and then a ā€œgauntletā€ drill where players were paired off and had to race to deliver a handball, tackle a tackle bag, wrestle the ball from one another and finally line up face to face and, on a whistle, attempt to find space to snap a goal while their partner attempted to stop them.

Ridley kicked his goal in approximately 0.1s by simply turning his back and then kicking a goal backwards over his head.
At some point I looked over to find Rutten wrestled and pinned to the ground by Draper, which was interesting considering Rutten was not taking part in the drillā€¦

Finally they finished up with a small amount of running and fitness work (boxing etc), much to the annoyance of Guelfi who - ā€œthought pre-season was over!ā€

The session ended with Heppell, Wright and Voss staying back to take set shots, while Ham, Guelfi and Stringer walked a barefoot lap with zooper doopers in hand while discussing NFTs.

157 Likes

Now that sounds like a proper forward line ā€¦ phwoahhh

Heppell doing set shots hey.

without Jones, Baldwin or Waterman likely comes in.

hf: McGrath/Stringer Francis Baldwin
F: Smith Wright Snelling
int: Perkins
Sub: Hobbs

I would also send mcgrath through there to add some pace and swap with stringer after clearance

3 Likes

Thanks Bomber.drum :clap:

I like that you mentioned Brand.

I caught about an hour of todayā€™s session and I thought he did a few things that really made you sit up and take notice.

His willingness to follow up after a play was done and get involved again was very pleasing. Heā€™s a lovely kick too.

30 Likes

Great work and much appreciated Bomber

4 Likes

I found this far too amusing. I wonder what Rutten said to him beforehand.

7 Likes

King is gonna stay at gold coast.

6 Likes

love this

hope someone caught it on Camera.
Different beast.

Hobart run the bridge giving NFT medals this year. interesting concept.
canā€™t see it catching on yet, but who knows :man_shrugging:

Why do you hate Hurley so much?

3 Likes