Training at Maroochydore-last report for 2020

Joe to go. Let’s all just move on. The club has bigger problems.

Hope he’s announced he’s fking off again

Yeah, it’s called professionalism.

We might think it’s ridiculous, but the players see it as a job.

Yeah I interpret that as gone. This will be Joe’s last training session and game for the club. You don’t cheer but you wish him well and get on with the job.

Was it a cheer or just clapping?

From memory, Cogniglio announced in front of his team mates at dinner that he was staying (filmed it too).

Martin, Kelly, Gaff did similar things too.

5 Likes

Was he wearing a tie?

13 Likes

Joe finally beat minesweeper on the hardest difficulty setting

18 Likes

Zac captain for the game perhaps is about all I’d gather if the applause happened and JD shook his hand

??

17 Likes

Not a chance prior to a game he does that. Sure post last game he could talk to the group but no chance before the season has ended.

Aiden Corr announced he was leaving the giants last week and was told to get out and leave straight away

You don’t stay around and TRAIN if you have just told to the team you are leaving. That is ridiculous.
Never heard of that happening

11 Likes

That makes sense.

That being said, you’d expect loud cheers if he announced he was staying.

Maybe Daniher was taking more of a leadership role in getting the team ready and prepped for the game.

You’d imagine there would be hugs from the boys if he’d just announced he was leaving.

1 Like

I love how people are trying to interpret it the way they hope, rather than listen to the guy that was there.

Anyone been to a work place Morning tea, and the manager thanks the employee Who’s ‘moving on’ for their service to the company… and everyone gives a round of applause?

2 Likes

The guy that was there outright said there’s a number of ways to interpret it.

2 Likes

Yes he did actually say that and here everyone goes XD

1 Like

Given that Shiel was captain the previous game, and when he’s been playing Hurls has deputised as captain, I’d highly doubt Merrett would be skipper, especially as he is outside of the leadership group…

How has this been passed over?

Davos was nailing the team selections for a while there …

Hopefully Daniher chooses to go to Geelong, so we have access to a couple of first round picks.

1 Like

Aiden Corr is just an average plodder who they can probably afford to tell to pack his bags and f off. I’d say Joey is a different case, given the family ties to the club.

when was the last time a team gave the captaincy to someone outside the leadership group?

1 Like