Training at Maroochydore-last report for 2020

FFS, Blitz.

You need a double serving of BOVRIL.

27 Likes

Yeah I would lean towards Merrett being named captain this week. He spent the year improving his leadership and as a reward will captain the side this week

4 Likes

Live
Love

LAV

2 Likes

Isnt essendon willing to match any bid thrown at joey? How would he know hes leaving if thats the case?unless theres been an agreement made that we dont know about yet.

Personally i dont think its danihers departure but lets wait and see.

2 Likes

If that is what happened it’s quite interesting considering the tweet yesterday from Tom Browne (I think it was him) who said that Worsfold will have less of a role this week because of his ‘Essendon people’ comment.

Maybe Rutten has said right, Zach is back in.

5 Likes

Just to clarify the Joe clapping thing, I have absolutely no idea what it was about. They were at the other end of the ground, so I have no idea whether it was Heppell or Joe that spoke - I’m guessing Hepp as Joe’s hands were still and not animated as someone’s may be who is talking. The applause was not overly animated - I’d call it polite.
Joe did train well. I can’t imagine they’d choose that place and time to announce something important, but it was nevertheless interesting and intriguing.
There was another gathering later that I didn’t see clearly at all where there was also applause… so who knows??

18 Likes

I honestly did not even notice if Woosha was there.

4 Likes

Not bad Smooth …

Headline- Bombers clap breakout at training.

11 Likes

Prob announcing David J Richardson farewell.

31 Likes

With great power comes great responsibility, @loyalandproud.

1 Like

Ok found out some info- Was actually just Zach, Hepps and Joey thanking Woosha for everything and his time at the club

69 Likes

just being silly. you could be right. who knows the comedic depths this club has fallen to.

1 Like

hence

and hence

22 Likes

Well that’s kinda of boring. I was hoping for something more interesting.

3 Likes

Congrats. You’ve just handed John the title of his autobiography.

15 Likes

Great report, much appreciated.

As there was applause and handshaking, logic says JD has put pen to paper on a new deal…

Although given we are striving to be an inclusive club who laugh and giggle during on field thrashings, he may have announced he’s abandoning us and the group just needed to make Joey feel safe and accepted via applause to not hurt his feelings…
Maintaining Essendon’s culture is important…

1 Like

As rama2000 said it can’t possibly be for Joe going as that cannot have been determined yet as it requires his preference of clubs, then long discussions between 2 clubs, and agreement on trades - and to think we would have detail ready and agreed on 8 weeks before the trade period - baffling interpretation. I thought smooth was taking the pisss and I still do.

1 Like

Thanks @CJohns. Sounds the most likely outcome.
Apologies to Woosha… I obviously didn’t see him as he was surrounded by guys much taller!!

4 Likes

Will be my last report fortunately!!

2 Likes