Training Fri Aug 29

Guys were lively today. Lots of positivity and the skill execution was pretty good.

All trained, the guys who missed the last session -BJ and Stants - were fine.

Heppell joined in everything, didn’t seem to have an issue handballing or marking.

Fletcher did everything too, he marked without hesitation. Not sure if he was handballing,

Carlisle ran laps at a slowish pace. But would break it up with walking. Looks a way off.

Soulnet can learn from you. He is behind the goals, although about 25 meters from behind the goals.

Guys were lively today. Lots of positivity and the skill execution was pretty good.
Heppell joined in everything, didn't seem to have an issue handballing or marking.
Fletcher did everything too, he marked without hesitation. Not sure if he was handballing,
Carlisle ran laps at a slowish pace. But would break it up with walking. Looks a way off.

Meg Ryan says - "YES YES YES"

I'll have what she's having. Especially the Fletch bit.

Please Dusty get up for the first final! 

Heppell joined in everything, didn't seem to have an issue handballing or marking.

Cheers... tackling could be an issue.

Soulnet can learn from you. He is behind the goals, although about 25 meters from behind the goals.

I heard today that the HPC was filled too... But not to capacity.

Runs off to watch the movie 'fletch'.

tdrBo.gif

cPIWd.gif

'I've never heard of a one-week hamstring injury': Bomber's confusion

Mark Thompson has his doubts over the severity of Jake Carlisle's hamstring injury

You've just got to get off the fence don't you and decide if it's a hamstring or not

Mark Thompson on Jake Carlise

ESSENDON coach Mark Thompson is puzzled by Jake Carlisle's hamstring injury and has suggested the key forward could have been playing this weekend.

The finals-bound Bombers have ruled Carlisle out for Saturday's last-round clash with Carlton at the MCG.

Carlisle spoke this week about how he expected his tight hamstring would only put him out for one or two matches.

"I don't know. I've never heard of a one-week hamstring injury," Thompson told reporters on Friday.

"He probably more than likely won't play (next week).

"They're saying it's not very big. It's only a few fibres and it should be right.

"But if that was the case he'd be playing this week.

"You've just got to get off the fence don't you and decide if it's a hamstring or not.

"If it is it's two weeks and if it's not you should be playing this week and have a crack at it."

Ess vs Carlton.

3.Votes D.Heppell- 32 disposals 20 kicks 12 handpasses 2 goals 0 tackles.

Mark Thompson has his doubts over the severity of Jake Carlisle's hamstring injury

You've just got to get off the fence don't you and decide if it's a hamstring or not

ESSENDON coach Mark Thompson is puzzled by Jake Carlisle's hamstring injury and has suggested the key forward could have been playing this weekend.

The finals-bound Bombers have ruled Carlisle out for Saturday's last-round clash with Carlton at the MCG.

Carlisle spoke this week about how he expected his tight hamstring would only put him out for one or two matches.

"I don't know. I've never heard of a one-week hamstring injury," Thompson told reporters on Friday.

"They're saying it's not very big. It's only a few fibres and it should be right.

"You've just got to get off the fence don't you and decide if it's a hamstring or not.

"If it is it's two weeks and if it's not you should be playing this week and have a crack at it."

End of our campaign. Needed buckets to have a day out. Their backline will be very comfortable. Only way we can win is if our midfield absolutely dominates and can use precise kicking to more mid/smaller forwards. Occasional contribution from Joe/Ryder/Tbell but not expecting much from them in terms of goals on the board.

This Fletch thing is odd…

Had a sneaky suspicision fletcher might get up for the final next week.

This is promising.

Thought the club said when Fletch got injured that was it for the year for him? Wondered why he was still training. Thought if he was out for the remaining games, they would have just said see you at pre-season training. Would be nice to have him back for the finals & wouldn’t he be pretty happy to be there?

Well ,  maybe the doctors just dont know !   I can understand Bombers frustration though..... feelin it .   We need our best team fit and firing and stable.

Now the original is gone,  will Hepps become "the gloved one" ?

Please Dusty get up for the first final! 

End of our campaign. Needed buckets to have a day out. Their backline will be very comfortable. Only way we can win is if our midfield absolutely dominates and can use precise kicking to more mid/smaller forwards. Occasional contribution from Joe/Ryder/Tbell but not expecting much from them in terms of goals on the board.

Their backline couldn't get near it last week. I think we will be fine.