Training Fri Aug 29

Its good that someone (Thompson) is finally being honest about injuries (re: carslisle injury being more than 1 week or nothing at all)

in all honesty if it was a final this week i think carlisle could play. but he isnt sure in his body so is making the right call and having a week off, which enables us to play bellchambers to sharpen him up if needed in our finals campaign..

So if Carlisle and Fletch get up for the first final, and they are big ifs, who goes out of the team?  You would think that TBC would have to be the first to go.   

Daniher imo

Absolutely rapt to here Fletcher in full training! :)  I thought he was done for the year!

bit harsh to drop TBC after kicking 6 goals!

The thing with Carlisle is he's still very young and still trying to build his tank and bulk up, learning how to play as a forward and learning how to play as a ruckman, the demands on his body must be immense. He's not as skinny as he was but he's nowhere near what you'd call 'battle-hardened'.

He's also inexperienced with his own body, so it must be hard for him to know when to stop to avoid serious injury and when to just 'run it out'. He's obviously got lots of aches and pains (like any player this time of year) and he's felt something go twang and he's made the call to pull up this close to finals rather than risk it. Hopefully he's just being overly precautious and he'll be back for next week, otherwise the following week.

Unless we really struggle up forward against Carlton you'd think we'd still give ourselves a fair chance against North without Carlisle.

Its good that someone (Thompson) is finally being honest about injuries (re: carslisle injury being more than 1 week or nothing at all)

in all honesty if it was a final this week i think carlisle could play. but he isnt sure in his body so is making the right call and having a week off, which enables us to play bellchambers to sharpen him up if needed in our finals campaign..

So if Carlisle and Fletch get up for the first final, and they are big ifs, who goes out of the team?  You would think that TBC would have to be the first to go.   

Gleeson for Fletcher & TBC for Carlisle.

I just think it would be great for Danihers development to play a final.

But if TBC Kicks 6 against the blues it makes the decision more difficult.

Gleeson for Fletcher & TBC for Carlisle.

I just think it would be great for Danihers development to play a final.

But if TBC Kicks 6 against the blues it makes the decision more difficult.

i think it would be great to win a final and bomber will pick the side he thinks most capable of doing that. i don't think anyone here would suggest that at this stage of his career JD is a more dangerous forward the Ryder. what bomber has to decide is whether tbell ruck ryder fwd is a better combination than ryder ruck JD fwd

Fletcher in, Hurley FWD (can take overhead marks again)

Wouldn't it be nice to have a repeat of that Hawks game where Hurley (as a kid) just busted their backline open and made them his personal ■■■■■■■ at like 19 years old or whatever.

Beast mode.

BEAST MODE

TOP KNOT ENGAGED.

The thing with Carlisle is he's still very young and still trying to build his tank and bulk up, learning how to play as a forward and learning how to play as a ruckman, the demands on his body must be immense. He's not as skinny as he was but he's nowhere near what you'd call 'battle-hardened'.

He's also inexperienced with his own body, so it must be hard for him to know when to stop to avoid serious injury and when to just 'run it out'. He's obviously got lots of aches and pains (like any player this time of year) and he's felt something go twang and he's made the call to pull up this close to finals rather than risk it. Hopefully he's just being overly precautious and he'll be back for next week, otherwise the following week.

Unless we really struggle up forward against Carlton you'd think we'd still give ourselves a fair chance against North without Carlisle.

tl;dr
Carlisle = Gumby, back and hamstrings and all