Training Friday 10/1

At this stage he’ll be in the team rnd 1

1 Like

Who’s on crutches in the background?

Edit: just saw the subsequent posts which answered the question.

So some of the guys who were in the rehab group last year did full training

• Gleeson
  • Bellchambers
  • Hurley
  • Orazioooo
7 Likes

Why has merrett barely trained this pre season?

Well in 2018 Joe played 7 games then got ruled out for the season, in 2019 Smith played 7 games then got ruled out for the season, so I’d say we’ll find out what’s up with Merrett after 7 games.

7 Likes

In protest because his stable pony’s leaving?

Seems like he did a bad injury and in typical fashion the club saying nothing

remember the Hooker injury? fans didn’t know he done a bad hamstring untill the eve of the season

If he’s ■■■■■■■ injured just say it why keep fans in the dark?

Sydney did a very Essendon thing with Buddy. We are not Robinson Crusoe.
Buddys knee, needed a cleanup, decided to keep him “running” on it until 7/1/2020 ** to try and see if it comes good, then decides to put him in for for surgery. Now he needs 10 weeks to recover from the knife work. Result: probable miss the start of the season, half the Sydney members fail to renew.

** Buddy doesn’t actually train all that much does he?

1 Like

Think so bit like Flecther he hardly did any training just showed up on game day same with Bud imo

Who ■■■■■■■ cares about the fans. Maybe they don’t want other clubs to know and make him a target with whatever his injury may be.

Get the player right, that’s all that matters.

4 Likes

Fair enough but there will be a lot of angry fans if they find out he’ll miss the start of the season before rd 1 starts

The club/player have no obligation to tell the fans anything on injuries

In an ideal world it’d be nice to know but if it’s to be kept private it is what it is.

Maybe the issue is very personal in nature. Maybe it’s something they don’t want him to be targeted onfield with. Maybe it’s simply load management & having him approach preseason differently to others.

In any case hopefully he’s firing on all cylinders come round 1

7 Likes

Club dosen’t have to tell in full detail just an update on why he’s not training

Merret,Hooker,Joe won’t be there rd 1 book mark it

Their problem, not the club’s.

There is only one thing we as the fans are entitled to and that is to see the players perform with 100% effort on the field, nothing more or less.

1 Like

Another poor start to the season again coming up because of injuries/players had interrupted pre seasons

Do you really believe that other clubs aren’t across Zac’s absence?

2 Likes

I defiantly didn’t see Nigel training with the main group as I was keen to catch a glimpse of him also. He may have been with the 10 or so that were doing light duties out the front of the hanger. Couldn’t get close enough to see due to the fences and construction.
There was a stocky shorter bloke training today with brown hair and hat that I didn’t recognise.

The string bean ruckman will surprise a few if he pushes up to get selected in the seniors. What makes you so bullish.

Fwiw I like what I saw on his brief jnr highlights clip

In soccer it is rarely if ever hidden. Generally the club release the injury news as its happened and then confirm the extent after the scans.

I don’t see what there is to gain from keeping it secret.

7 Likes

Just raises more questions by keeping the injury a secret.

1 Like