Training Friday 7/11/14

Kommer was there too...but only in the gym.

Kommer wasn't there, neither was howlett.
Hams looked fit and ready to go which was nice, Browne looks in good spirits.
All the boys looked pretty fit tbh. No obvious guts.
Joes hair is still long.

cheers for that. looked like a great day to be there.

and FYI EFC tweet.  

Thanks for clearing that up Bomb Doe I was begining to wonder if I had got it wrong.

Joes hair is still long.

and FYI EFC tweet.  

Thanks for clearing that up Bomb Doe I was begining to wonder if I had got it wrong.

No worries jackie, I'm always happy to help.  I'm surprised you didn't mention that Coleman was out there.

rqceppJ.png

Joes hair is still long.

and FYI EFC tweet.  

No worries jackie, I'm always happy to help.  I'm surprised you didn't mention that Coleman was out there.

rqceppJ.png

LID OFF

Why is he in the clash strip?

Get him in the gym, Gleeson would knock him over.

Why is he in the clash strip?

and not sure about the  straightness of that sash..  cue benzina

AWOOO!! That's dedication! 

Joes hair is still long.

and FYI EFC tweet.  

rqceppJ.png

LID OFF

he is holding that football as if it's a basketball. Is there nothing that man can't do?

Training in warm conditions with a breeze at Tullamarine the McCracken Oval.
This session was for first to fourth year players and was the first open session of the year watched by a small crowd of about thirty. It was also Hird's first public session as coach for 2014. It's too early to pick out differences between coaching styles except to say that he is much quieter than Bomber and didn't seem to be driving the players particularly hard today.
As is to be expected in the first week of training the players were a bit rusty and probably the adjectives low key and lacklustre could be fairly applied.
For example in one drill that involved players running in to kick at goal from an angle about thirty metres out successive shots were missed by J. Merret, Steinberg, Howlett, Aylett and Hams. Also noticeable was a lack of talking mad encouragement but it is far too early to be critical.
Connor McKenna performed credibly with occasional fumbles but quite good foot passing with his right foot over short distances and reasonable on uncontested marks overhead.
Heppel greeted us with his customers "guys" as he ran 100 metre repetitions at three quarter pace aroundd the boundary line. He is not injured but obviously on a special programme to set up his season. Alex Browne also had special train g away from the main group and he looks good - built up from the last preseason and could be a real tank this year.
I know that everyone hopes Joe is bigger and stronger this year well he is no taller but his legs have filled out a bit and his arms and shoulders have more definition so good news there. Ambrose his cohort on the forward line looked confident and pumped today and was quite vocal at times which is a good sign.
At the start of training someone kicked a beautiful sixty metre toro and when I raised the glasses to see who it it was I was not surprised to see Hirdy was the culprit.

d91.gif

HOW MANY JOE DAN?

Joes hair is still long.

and FYI EFC tweet.  

rqceppJ.png

LID OFF

he is holding that football as if it's a basketball. Is there nothing that man can't do?

Are you totally sure that wasn't Jared Brennan, Doe?

Wait, JD hasn't bulked up since we saw him 2 months ago?....sack the conditioning staff!!!

Anybody else say to themselves "why is Heppell with the 1-4 year players?"....only to then think about it and realise that he is still a 1-4 year player.

Anybody else say to themselves "why is Heppell with the 1-4 year players?"....only to then think about it and realise that he is still a 1-4 year player.

I got as far as "why is…. oh, duh"

Browne on the move. Good to see him finally out on the track and for Heppell to be giving him words of encouragement.

Training in warm conditions with a breeze at Tullamarine the McCracken Oval.
This session was for first to fourth year players and was the first open session of the year watched by a small crowd of about thirty. It was also Hird's first public session as coach for 2014. It's too early to pick out differences between coaching styles except to say that he is much quieter than Bomber and didn't seem to be driving the players particularly hard today.
As is to be expected in the first week of training the players were a bit rusty and probably the adjectives low key and lacklustre could be fairly applied.
For example in one drill that involved players running in to kick at goal from an angle about thirty metres out successive shots were missed by J. Merret, Steinberg, Howlett, Aylett and Hams. Also noticeable was a lack of talking mad encouragement but it is far too early to be critical.
Connor McKenna performed credibly with occasional fumbles but quite good foot passing with his right foot over short distances and reasonable on uncontested marks overhead.
Heppel greeted us with his customers "guys" as he ran 100 metre repetitions at three quarter pace aroundd the boundary line. He is not injured but obviously on a special programme to set up his season. Alex Browne also had special train g away from the main group and he looks good - built up from the last preseason and could be a real tank this year.
I know that everyone hopes Joe is bigger and stronger this year well he is no taller but his legs have filled out a bit and his arms and shoulders have more definition so good news there. Ambrose his cohort on the forward line looked confident and pumped today and was quite vocal at times which is a good sign.
At the start of training someone kicked a beautiful sixty metre toro and when I raised the glasses to see who it it was I was not surprised to see Hirdy was the culprit.

I went this morning (first visit), was very impressed with our new headquarters. Could only stay for an hour and a bit as had to get the train back to Bendigo.

The guy that was timing Heppell asked how him his foot was holding up, hoping it's nothing serious.

Ambrose, like you say, looked confident (and also very gorgeous  :P )

Was surprised by Gleeson, although he looked very slender and fragile during games, this morning, to me, yes he is slender but not all fragile, just has one of those wiry type bodies.