Training Friday Feb 12

Can anyone say who was in the two sides?

And what role did Brown play? Back or forward?

Brown played back on Grimley. Grimley had the better of him I reckon.

How’s Daniher? Every report seems like he’s having a ■■■■ session.

Does Eades display a sort of Shredwards style evasiveness? Or is it a bit different eg Leroy like smoothness as opposed to Shreds zip?

its frenetic from what i’ve seen before.

Does Eades display a sort of Shredwards style evasiveness? Or is it a bit different eg Leroy like smoothness as opposed to Shreds zip?

Yep, slingshot acceleration, will play on every single time.

well clearly we are going to win the flag

Wow Raz is a good player. If we can get 20 games into him this year he will be a weapon for us off the wing/hb years to come. Couple of nice runs today.
Who is RAZ?

Orazio Fantasia

Would be interested to know if there was any kind of forward press going on during the match, or whether we just kept it reasonably spacious.

Going off Worsfold’s last few years at West Coast it seemed like a forward press would definitely be incorporated, but with the suspensions he might have pulled the pin on that for this year. Especially since it takes a few experienced players in each part of the ground to keep up with everyone’s positioning.

Wow Raz is a good player. If we can get 20 games into him this year he will be a weapon for us off the wing/hb years to come. Couple of nice runs today.
Who is RAZ?
Who is RAZ?

Orazio

Fanta

I didn’t post that

I didn't post that

?

Yep, slingshot acceleration, will play on every single time.

It reminds me more of Andy Lovett which is exciting as he used to be one of my favourite players.

Zaka is back baby
Adversity brining out the best in our Zaka? For a former B&F winner never is there a better time to shine. Get around him. Lid Off!
Zaka is back baby
Adversity brining out the best in our Zaka? For a former B&F winner never is there a better time to shine. Get around him. Lid Off!

Yup, a regular Greek olive, is our Zaharakis.

Match simulation was the main part of training today. Players were all very vocal and several stepped up to take on leadership responsibilities. Crowley was encouraging young blokes to look up as soon as they got the ball in order to see and honour leads. Goddard was grumpy. Even Yestin was directing a couple of young guys in the backline. Kommer was a standout discussing positioning in one on one conversations as well as being responsible for forward line structure, particularly at stoppages and kick ins. At one point the ball came in high and long to the forward pocket where Laverde took a nice mark and converted however it was Kommer that received praise from all the players "Your goal Komzi!" for taking out the defenders and making the play work.

To begin with the game play was rather scrappy but as it progressed there was significant improvement. The players are getting to know each other a bit better which is good; I didn’t recognise half of them at first :slight_smile: At the end of game play there were many positives to take away. Kelly is a ball magnet and a very talented player. Matt Dea is a confident and steady player. Grimley is a great pickup, he was very good in game play often finding space working together with Kommer. They created a few goals and really improve the forward line. We have quite a few good players running around, hopefully the coaches can turn that into a cohesive team over the next couple of months. As benfti mentioned “It’s coming together”. We’re in for an interesting season.

After the game simulation I watched some one on one contested marking contests where a point was awarded for taking the mark or winning the resulting ground ball. It might surprise some here that Ambrose was very good at this, using his strength to advantage and holding marks. The Langford absolutely ruled with his excellent judgement of the ball in flight, sticky fingers and strong body work. Smack aka Horse was also impressive.

Hate to say I told ya’s so … but I fkn did. :wink:

Watch this boy shine this year.

If only it was visible in Jay Clark's video how good Yestin was in that passage of play. Literally evaded about 10 guys and not long before that snapped an opportunistic goal. I don't want to channel Bruce but I called it as I saw it, this kid is special! I echo the sentiments of hambo and benfti. There was significant improvement this week. They gelled a hell of a lot more and it's starting to come together. Grimley really is a massive target up forward. Can clunk a mark and follow it up with a set shot goal. Tippa impressed with his defensive pressure particularly in the first 2 quarters of the 3 stanza hit out. It's just great to see so many of our youngsters out there getting a few kicks. I also really liked seeing Smack take a few grabs up forward. Hartley is solid as a rock in the backline. Plays close to his man and often gets the spoil in. I walked away quite pleased with today's session.

He’s takin it Eeeeead sey, takin it E ee ee eadsey …

Zaka is back baby

Yup, a regular Greek olive, is our Zaharakis.

hopefully un-pitted.
Clunk McKernan. I knew it.

Clunk Smack?

I think you’ve got that one backwards …

Can anyone say who was in the two sides?

And what role did Brown play? Back or forward?

Back …and if you can waita day or so I’ll list (to the best of my knowledge) the two teams.