Training Mon 22nd Nov

Jake Kelly

1 Like

Our new back pocket messiah

1 Like

Thanks Benny for the report. Safe to say after that write up that the 2022 lid has just been kicked into orbitā€¦ some where around Saturn.

1 Like

29th!

2 Likes

Small defender we got from Adelaide after they delisted him. Free agent; didnā€™t cost us anything, will probably walk straight into our 22.

1 Like

They didnā€™t delist him. They wanted to keep him. He was an unrestricted free agent

10 Likes

Youā€™re right, my bad. Makes it even better.

2 Likes

He is a little off Brand at the moment.

2 Likes

Better than he did towards the back end of last season! Not as much around the guts. Hooksey was there doing drills with him too. Maybe some moral support or helping out a mate.

4 Likes

Go easy on him, heā€™s practically brand new. Heā€™ll build a tank over time.

Hooksey is still a legend

14 Likes

Thatā€™s awesome. I hadnā€™t heard anything at all and was wondering if maybe he wasnā€™t coming back, given there wasnā€™t ever much info provided by the club other than Walla wasnā€™t in a good headspace.

To hear he is training bumps his stocks up a lot.

@smooth you play for the Bears?

I doubt it. Just because he isnā€™t there now doesnā€™t mean they are holding him back, and if he was there it wouldnā€™t mean they are overworking him.

Not sure what you mean by ā€œfailed to make it to the end of the last 2 seasonsā€ given heā€™d played more than 100 games straight until a few games at the end of 2021? Or perhaps you just mean he fell off the pace a bit in 2020.

Iā€™m sure Walla had a few niggles but perhaps playing so many games straight isnā€™t always good for mental health. It could be that missing a few weeks with injury here and there has a silver lining of building the hunger and also freshening your perspective of the game.

I did yeah. Have decided to retire and watch from the other side of the fence now, but hasnā€™t stopped them from asking me to play. But yeah thatā€™s my club!

Without speaking for others Iā€™m pretty sure the post was referring to his form has dropped away the past couple of seasons rather than he was physically unable to play.

1 Like

Just saw an awesome pic of walla on Facebook doing boxing training he looks ripped.

32 Likes

As players get older they need to shed some kgs each year to reduce the amount of work they have to do to complete, maybe 28 games over 7 months. The later return for older players is part of it, and for top level senior players in the past, we know they do a lot less training , just to be able to get through the season, coaching staff even concede they might not get even the full 22 games out of older players in seasons later in their careers. Lets face it, Tippa is no spring chicken anymore.

Thatā€™s great to hear. Not just from a club and supporters perspective, but Walla himself. Hope heā€™s in a good headspace. Thatā€™s often how it works. Healthy body, healthy mind.

3 Likes

post the pic.

11 Likes