Training Mon 22nd Nov

Thanks for the write-up Benny!

So… what I’m hearing is that we should be expecting more of a Cummings-esque debut, rather than Coleman-esque. Gotcha. Consider my hype tempered!

I’m not sure why some people think his disposal is poor. Every time I’ve seen him play, he’s been solid by both hand and foot. Hopefully he can build that engine up to AFL standard soon, though. He’s got potential to be a very handy full back. Having Rance around is going to do him a world of good.

4 Likes

So your saying someone isn’t in fantastic condition?!!? who is it?

WHAT ARE YOU HIDING!?!?!?!

3 Likes

Agreed. That said… geez, every Essendon fan would absolutely love to see Walla back early with some of those other senior blokes, looking fit and healthy.

Same vibe re Stringer & Francis I guess, who’ve also had fitness issues but are back early and apparently both looking great. Love to see that!

Hopefully Walla returns in top shape regardless, given how important he is to the side (and how much he’s loved by the fans).

I’ve seen Walla about 4-5 times doing sprints with a running coach at Aberfeldie Park in the past 2 weeks or so when we’ve had cricket training down there of a Tuesday/Thursday. So if that’s any indication he’s putting some work in…

93 Likes

Love that! Cheers.

That is awesome to hear.

1 Like

Confirmed Monday 27th will be attending.

Means lots of photos will be coming!

26 Likes

Given that Walla has failed to make it to the end of the last 2 seasons, maybe the club are holding him back for a later start to pre-season in the hope he can build into the season and peak in July/August rather that fade.

3 Likes

Jolly good.

I read what I want to read in these reports!

2 Likes

Or Walla is replicating what Jake Stringer did last pre season which was the launching pad for him to have his best season by avoiding injury which plagued his 2020 season.

A fitter Walla translating to greater impact in games and less injury at the back end of the season is a promising sign.

6 Likes

Cmon Brand…

Thanks for the report @Benny40, good job.

Really looking forward to next season.

1 Like

Thanks for the report Benny but…I think we all just wanna know, did anyone look a bit backy?

5 Likes

Helped by the fact we won’t play a game this year of course…

How did he look?

Snowflake world mate

3 Likes

The world needs a bit of

Pretty sure they won’t be training on 27th December.

Or if you mean 27th June, how do you know they’ll be training that day?

1 Like

Dumb Q, who is Kelly?