Training Monday 16/1/17

Loving that Woosha is eradicating the sideways pass from our game plan.

Sorry to digress - does anyone know if there is training on Friday, and can you just roll in?

Hey Jackie, any progress on Redman?
He took a bit of a knock today but recovered okay.
STOP IT.
How is Hurley looking at training?
Clean shaven
How is Hurley looking at training?
Clean shaven

Very high risk post, have you been in the JD thread lately.

Don’t start that in here Ivo, … you’ll razor real ruckus …

Has Morgan continued his early pre-season good form?

Sorry to digress - does anyone know if there is training on Friday, and can you just roll in?

No training Friday.

At some point you have to question whether Francis is just a poor endurance athlete. Last year he had the calf injury and that could have explained his lack of fitness in the pre season and carrying over into the season. But it seems to be chronic. He has had a reasonable run injury wise AFAIK this off season, and still he struggles. Maybe he will never have good endurance. It happens.

Really? Chronic? At some point?..like the point where he is a teenager who has barely inched into his second season yet? I feel this is such an impatient comment.

How the fk is Francis still terribly unfit?

He must of been cooked when he got to the club

Francis has trained really hard over the preseason including extra work over the long break. His body shape has improved.

I suspect as part of managing players the programme will be varied to include extra running at times.

I have no information as to how he measured up after the short Christmas break and whether this is related to not participating in the match practice today but I wouldn’t be unduly harsh on him without further information.

I feel he falls into the pat on the back category rather than anything negative, he seems as keen as mustard.

Appreciate the clarification (not that your initial ‘worked on the small oval’ should be cause for Chicken Littles but you know Blitz*).

Francis is going to be a friggin’ beast, and looks like a mid nineties Pantera album to me.

*Early Black Sabbath song. No, the other one.

Hopefully he will Rise…to a New Level of Confidence. Then we’ll give him 5 Minutes Alone with Sam Mitchell.

Francis.

#panic.

Anyone know if there is training Wednesday?

Anyone know if there is training Wednesday?

There is.

Has Morgan continued his early pre-season good form?
Nothing special to report today. Spent some time on the small oval (please don't panic.)
Question on Francis..

I’ll start this by saying: Francis has grown a fair bit from when we drafted him. He is upwards of 194-195cm now, a true KPP player size.

If we soley look at Francis as a KPP player, and not a utility/HBF/HFF type do we not give him a tad more leeway to find his feet as all young KPP get?

I struggle to tihnk of a KPP that has taken the competition by storm in their first 2 years…

Jeremy Cameron kicked 29 goals in his first season and 62 in his 2nd. He was the first to come to mind…

1993 Grand Final: I can't remember, did Wanganeen pass off at some stage or did he run the entire length of the ground, hence bouncing lots?

I think he passed off three times.
May have been four.
I’m pretty sure he did in the back pocket, on the wing and then around the attacking 50.
I also find it difficult to believe that you don’t know that, so I apologise if I’m messing up your point with a straight answer.

He did still bounce lots. And run more than the length of the ground, as he went around the wing and I’m pretty sure he started in the opposite pocket.

Came from the pocket on the same side, not opposite. Passed it once from back pocket to back flank and then a second pass to half forward flank. Cannot confirm number of bounces however.

Could Hurley play stints in the middle ala Roughead??

Would love to see that.

1993 Grand Final: I can't remember, did Wanganeen pass off at some stage or did he run the entire length of the ground, hence bouncing lots?

May have been four.
I’m pretty sure he did in the back pocket, on the wing and then around the attacking 50.
I also find it difficult to believe that you don’t know that, so I apologise if I’m messing up your point with a straight answer.

He did still bounce lots. And run more than the length of the ground, as he went around the wing and I’m pretty sure he started in the opposite pocket.

Came from the pocket on the same side, not opposite. Passed it once from back pocket to back flank and then a second pass to half forward flank. Cannot confirm number of bounces however.

I’m gonna have to go to the tape, because I’m sure he was in the pack from the forward entry on the other side.
May not have taken posession until the Members side pocket, sure…

Edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YlJpubpjsk

Inconclusive, I guess.
I still maintain he started his run from the other side. He wasn’t just sitting in that pocket.
Two bounces, both in the forward-line.

sigh
One shimmy and he could have walked to the line.

May have been four.

I’m gonna have to go to the tape, because I’m sure he was in the pack from the forward entry on the other side.
May not have taken posession until the Members side pocket, sure…

Ok fair enough, was talking from first possession

I remembered the kick out to fifty, but not the rest.

FFS Gavin FFS.