Training Monday 16/1/17

1993 Grand Final: I can't remember, did Wanganeen pass off at some stage or did he run the entire length of the ground, hence bouncing lots?

I think he passed off three times.
May have been four.
I’m pretty sure he did in the back pocket, on the wing and then around the attacking 50.
I also find it difficult to believe that you don’t know that, so I apologise if I’m messing up your point with a straight answer.

He did still bounce lots. And run more than the length of the ground, as he went around the wing and I’m pretty sure he started in the opposite pocket.

Came from the pocket on the same side, not opposite. Passed it once from back pocket to back flank and then a second pass to half forward flank. Cannot confirm number of bounces however.

I’m gonna have to go to the tape, because I’m sure he was in the pack from the forward entry on the other side.
May not have taken posession until the Members side pocket, sure…

Edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YlJpubpjsk

Inconclusive, I guess.
I still maintain he started his run from the other side. He wasn’t just sitting in that pocket.
Two bounces, both in the forward-line.

sigh
One shimmy and he could have walked to the line.

that hird scoop and handball, you forget how fluid he was around the ball, magician.

Question on Francis..

I’ll start this by saying: Francis has grown a fair bit from when we drafted him. He is upwards of 194-195cm now, a true KPP player size.

If we soley look at Francis as a KPP player, and not a utility/HBF/HFF type do we not give him a tad more leeway to find his feet as all young KPP get?

I struggle to tihnk of a KPP that has taken the competition by storm in their first 2 years…

Jeremy Cameron kicked 29 goals in his first season and 62 in his 2nd. He was the first to come to mind…

John Coleman was another.

It’s far too soon to unleash the beast.
Keep him hungry. No game time until the preseason comp.

Plus he will hurt blokes. We don’t need injuries.

Morgan and Redman making any progress?

He’s been making far less progress since you’ve been asking.

Fark off, you’ll ruin him.

At some point you have to question whether Francis is just a poor endurance athlete.

That point was over 12 months ago.

He’s never going to run great time trials. Sure he will improve and get to an acceptable standard, but he’s an explosive power athlete, not someone who is going to eat up the kms.

Despite his shortcomings with regard to endurance, I still think he’s the most exciting youngster on our list.

How many bounces for Dalgleish in the Nab cup? 4 or 5 maybe?

Crameri vs Freo? Both hands used at least twice I reckon, Fantastic goal under pressure.

Question on Francis..

I’ll start this by saying: Francis has grown a fair bit from when we drafted him. He is upwards of 194-195cm now, a true KPP player size.

If we soley look at Francis as a KPP player, and not a utility/HBF/HFF type do we not give him a tad more leeway to find his feet as all young KPP get?

I struggle to tihnk of a KPP that has taken the competition by storm in their first 2 years…

I don’t need to struggle to think of one:

John Coleman.

Just saying.

Watson looking in smashing shape

Worrying about fringe player Francis when our gun-and-ever-improving peaking-age FF has barely trained since December? I know where I’m spending my panic dollars!

Hmmm, … panic dollars you say?

That’s not a bad idea.

Perhaps each Blitzer can get allotted, say, a thousand at the start of the year, and forfeit them at a set rate per panic post?

Once used up, the next panic post sees them on holiday.

I reckon $50 per would be about right, but mods would have discretion to charge more for super ridiculous stupid people shouldn’t breathe type panic posts.

All in favour say “aye”

Francis has monstered hooker twice so far at training going by the reports. That’s enough for me

Francis has monstered hooker twice so far at training going by the reports. That's enough for me
$100 on Hooker panic, thanks.
Hmmm, .. panic dollars you say?

That’s not a bad idea.

Perhaps each Blitzer can get allotted, say, a thousand at the start of the year, and forfeit them at a set rate per panic post?

I reckon $50 per would be about right, but mods would have discretion to charge more for super ridiculous stupid people shouldn’t breathe type panic posts.

All in favour say “aye”

I am starting to panic about having my panic limited.

#doublepanic

Francis has monstered hooker twice so far at training going by the reports. That's enough for me
$100 on Hooker panic, thanks.

I think I know that one, similar to a sunshine slider I think.

Crameri vs Freo? Both hands used at least twice I reckon, Fantastic goal under pressure.

Dalgleish ran from half back so at least 5 maybe more?

That’s not a bad idea.

All in favour say “aye”

Aye!

Love it BSD. Makes me think that the reverse concept - Bandwagon Bucks - could come into play. We could all be issued BB$1000 at the start of the year and spend it as we see fit. As in, I’ve got BB$400 riding on The Langford, BB$300 on Walla and a hundred each on Francis, Begley and Razz.

EDIT: A bit like Fantasy League I suppose (there’s nothing new under the sun).

Meh… PhcMee could bounce the ball 5 times without travelling more than 10 m in any given direction.

That’s not a bad idea.

All in favour say “aye”

Aye!

Love it BSD. Makes me think that the reverse concept - Bandwagon Bucks - could come into play. We could all be issued BB$1000 at the start of the year and spend it as we see fit. As in, I’ve got BB$400 riding on The Langford, BB$300 on Walla and a hundred each on Francis, Begley and Razz.

EDIT: A bit like Fantasy League I suppose (there’s nothing new under the sun).

Most people on here would be in debt by round 3.

Meh… PhcMee could bounce the ball 5 times without travelling more than 10 m in any given direction.

Whilst simultaneously running around in circles wondering where the faark that ball went!!

That’s not a bad idea.

All in favour say “aye”

Like it. Aye.