Training Monday 27/6/16

I'd be VERY impressed if our second half of the year is better than the first.

To get a team motivated after receiving some hidings knowing the season is coming to an end would be impressive motivation.

I can see the next four weeks being okay but the last two or three will be rough

Matty Egan has thrown Aaron forward in 2 VFL matches, both times when the team was behind on the scoreboard. Matty experiments a lot with the players in the VFL and is like Sheeds in the way he will make key changes during matches.

But I think the signal about what the coaching group are thinking will come when Francis starts training with the forward group. Its pretty clear that so far he has mostly trained with Harves in the defence group, but KB and Jackie are probably best able to answer that.

He trained in the small team made of VFL forwards in the match simulation drills on Saturday morning…

You're saying there are known unknowns and unknown unknowns?

EDIT: It just occurred to me that the three dumbest Americans of all time are all called Donald. The third one being a duck.

You know I never had a problem with that Rumsfield quote, despite the fuss it caused, the distinction makes sense to me. The uncertainties you can make contingencies for because you at least understand the nature of the unknown quality vs the bolt out of the blue that you can neither plan for nor hope to predict.

EDIT: It just occurred to me that the three dumbest Americans of all time are all called Donald. The third one being a duck.

You know I never had a problem with that Rumsfield quote, despite the fuss it caused, the distinction makes sense to me.

Yeah, same, it’s actually quite a neat summary of epistemology. Possibly inspired by Ray Manzarek “There are things you know about and things you don’t, the known and the unknown, and in between are the doors” which in turn was inspired by Blake and Huxley. Maybe “dumb” is the wrong classification for Rumsfeld but he was definitely an a-grade d1ckhead.

Now where were we? Oh yes, Joey Daniher’s ball drop. Carry on.

You know I never had a problem with that Rumsfield quote, despite the fuss it caused, the distinction makes sense to me.

Yeah, same, it’s actually quite a neat summary of epistemology. Possibly inspired by Ray Manzarek “There are things you know about and things you don’t, the known and the unknown, and in between are the doors” which in turn was inspired by Blake and Huxley. Maybe “dumb” is the wrong classification for Rumsfeld but he was definitely an a-grade d1ckhead.

I won’t argue against that point.

Actually, there is a school of academic study that has developed this method of knowledge analysis. Have a look at I2S ‘school of integration and sciences’ at ANU, and in particular Braithwaite’s work.

What he said was actually quite inspired and insightful. It’s used in the military and business to this day.

Doesn’t change the fact he was an evil ■■■■■■■■.

What he said was actually quite inspired and insightful. It’s used in the military and business to this day.

Doesn’t change the fact he was an evil ■■■■■■■■. lying conniving war mongering shitbag

Adjusted for clarity.

I like that we are seeing less top ups, and was encouraged with competitive performance against GWS.
If we can bring in Laverde, Langford, Franics for most of the second half of the season I will be happy.

I think Jamar, Stokes, Kelly & Dea can still contribute for the second half. not sure about the other top-ups having much more influence at AFL Level - Polky, Michael, Simpkin, Grimley, Crowley, Grima it will only be through injury that we will see them back again.

If we have a fit team on the park I would expect to see good performances in the following games.
Eagles - Honourable loss less than 10 goals, bye freshen us up,
St Kilda - Opportunity to be in the game and take it up to them. 10% chance of win, probably 15 point loss
Richmond - just cant see us getting near them after dream time game - 5 goal+ loss
Brisbane - 50/50 game best chance of a win for rest of year, must win game to avoid spoon. 10 point win
Adelaide - Will belt us at home in Adelaide. 10+ goal loss
Geelong - might catch them unawares - like pies/saints, expect a 5 goal loss though.
Suns - At Etihad would have us 20-30% chance of a win, if they have injuries they might roll over, especially as news breaks of Ablett heading back to Geelong.
Bulldogs - 5-10 goal loss - No Chance rest up for our mini final against Blues.
Carlton - 50/50 game believe we are a genuine chance here, will be the last time a few of the boys will play together, If Carlton are a chance of finals it will be all the more sweeter, though it looks like top 8 is already sown up. Plus might be a chance to avoid the spoon - Essendon win by 4 points after Casboult misses after the siren from 20 out straight in front.

Essendon to finish with between 1-4 wins.
if we win 2 games or more on road home, could argue it is better than the first half of year.