Training Monday 3/2/14

PS David King: Farkwit.

IIRC DK was one of the few that was reasonable during the time that shall not be mentioned.
He can be as positive & talk us up as much as he wants for mine anyway. Anything that may help up the m/ship

True! Membership wise.
I just wonder where DK is getting his information from to make the claims he is making.
Has anyone actually seen him down at training?
Talk is cheap

IIRC DK was one of the few that was reasonable during the time that shall not be mentioned.
He can be as positive & talk us up as much as he wants for mine anyway. Anything that may help up the m/ship

True! Membership wise.
I just wonder where DK is getting his information from to make the claims he is making.
Talk is cheap

Just that the secrets out in the inside footy world.

We are the goods. Get around us.

True! Membership wise.
Talk is cheap

This forum maybe?

True! Membership wise.
Talk is cheap

He tweeted once a few weeks ago that he watched us train and we were impressive, so he's been at least once.

These reports seem to be becoming increasingly bullish

I wouldn't go that far.
I don't think Craig and Thompson would either.

I said the reports were bullish, don't know whether or is justified

Now I know David King is a faarkwit but heard him on radio today say we are the team to watch this year. Said the coaching staff have got the boys flying and he sees a lot of Geelong in the way they are going about it.

Like King's work - Though can be accused of hyperbole at times.

True! Membership wise.
Talk is cheap

He tweeted once a few weeks ago that he watched us train and we were impressive, so he's been at least once.

It's well known that King attends a number of club training sessions. At least he doesn't get his money under falce pretences, like some other experts who comment on games, that they haven't watched. King is good value.

True! Membership wise.
Talk is cheap

two sessions that i have been 

King seems to talk us up every year.

Any news of how KAV! Is coming along? iam expecting him to break into the team this year

Any news of how KAV! Is coming along? iam expecting him to break into the team this year

In all honesty, whose spot would he take? Our midfield is the most settled part of our list ATM.

Apparantly hes flying and is ready to break into the senior side, hope he holds up injury free the KAV!

In all honesty, whose spot would he take? Our midfield is the most settled part of our list ATM.

Sorry break in probably isn't the best term to use but if say a howlett went down I am hoping he would come in and make it very hard to get pushed out, in saying that this year with the cap rotations you'll need to play dual positions so if he can't do this weather it be forward or a back pocket then he will never make it

Lets just say coaches and fitness staff were not very happy with the physical state that Dempsey prensented himself in day 1 of pre-season. Been struggling to catch the other boys since.

Scans have revealed that Heppell has stress fractures in his back and will be sidelined for 10-12 weeks*
*If I hear this come from the club I will absolutely spew. They played down the significance of Bellcho's injury early on and a similar outcome for Heppell would mean something similar to the above.
We are long overdue for some club honesty on the injury front. Apologies if I scared the sh#t out of anyone with the first line. Let's hope it doesn't come to fruition.

this kind of post is ban worthy

Training? l wish l could get a train right now. l have just spent the last 2 nights on buses

Sounds like you've been on more buses than Michelle Bridges. 

Lets just say coaches and fitness staff were not very happy with the physical state that Dempsey prensented himself in day 1 of pre-season. Been struggling to catch the other boys since.

Dempsey has had a bit of a history of this sort of thing if I remember right.

Extremely talented player, but I reckon he finds the Melbourne professional footy player lifestyle pretty hard.  When he retires, I reckon he'll break all sorts of speed records getting back to Queensland to be back home with family etc.  And once he's there, he'll probably start to resemble Dean Rioli pretty quick too...

These reports seem to be becoming increasingly bullish

I wouldn't go that far.

I don't think Craig and Thompson would either.

What's Craig Thompson got to do with it? Oh wait. 

Dempsey has had a bit of a history of this sort of thing if I remember right.

Extremely talented player, but I reckon he finds the Melbourne professional footy player lifestyle pretty hard.  When he retires, I reckon he'll break all sorts of speed records getting back to Queensland to be back home with family etc.  And once he's there, he'll probably start to resemble Dean Rioli pretty quick too...

come finals time this year he will be 27. not a good stage of your career to be turning up under done. If he isn't at his beset fitness wise he is likely to pick up niggles given his history.

hope he makes the most of the next few years but i reckon there might be a few guys eying his spot if he doesn't pull his finger out . Browne, ashby, gleeson, edwards, aylett, the merrets will hopefully all be capable of playing his role in the not too distant future.