Training Monday 6/3/17

I take it Francis is training fully ie not modified at all?

He wasnā€™t in the modified group but also wasnā€™t on the ground all the time or doing laps, he spent quite a bit of time in the hanger. Iā€™m not sure what to make of him.

Luey and Myers were the other 2 missing today

There were quite a few absent. Watson, Goddard, Luey, Smack, Ridley, Stanton, Baguley & Colyer so can only assume planned RDO

Green maybe the issue being kept on the quiet- only heard rumours, but was mentioned doubtful for round 1.

Hooker looks to be moving unrestricted, would say by end of week, early next in full competitive.

TBC - ahead of curb.

Francis - NFI. Surely early rounds are out of the equation.

With quite a few missing training was half ground stuff. Relationship between Hep & Zerrett seems to be really blossoming, Zaka will benefit from being the reciever and Parish just doesnā€™t want to be beaten - heā€™s a bull.

Daniher moving well at CHF. Stewart keeps on providing an option and Fantasiaā€™s overall makeup is elite- speed, endurance, recovery after a marking contest, agility it goes onā€¦ Laverde and Begs keep presenting as really solid options.

Tippa interesting will see how it plays out before I make judgement - Iā€™m yet to see the real explosive excitement machine as a small foward.

Gleeson keeps filling the space well as a third up. Dea/Kelly solid as usual. McGrath/Merrett/McKenna continue to learn as smalls.

All looks pretty solid and once the big boys return we will have a better understanding of who furs where.

15 Likes

I agree, he doesnt have to play round 1. We have champion players like Kelly, BJ and experienced players like Baguley, Dea, and Gleeson for those positions all of whose whose pre-seasons have been very good, Given that round 1 is likely to be fiercely contested, it might be better to wait, however, I think he will be ready, but might just not make the cut for round 1.

2 Likes

If heā€™s ready to play we play him simple as that. If the coaches see a spot for him in our team then he plays there.

Also interesting to note that mark Harvey said that McGrath had a virus on the Friday before we took him up to mackay to play.

McGrath is a star. 3 votes round 1.

Did not know that. Turns what was already a pretty good game into quite an impressive effort in the humidity.

No Iā€™m f-cking frustrated.

No Iā€™m f-cking frustrated.

But Jake, what if there are better players head of him? Just because any player is ready to play, doesnt mean he gets selected, its about putting the best team on the park.

1 Like

Agree. Iā€™d love to see him play - I really like what I see. BUT does that mean that someone like Hocking should miss out against the Hawks??? Iā€™d be very concerned about thatā€¦ particularly given the Suns smashed us around the ball in JLT2.

Exactly right, but how do we know that he doesnā€™t have a job to perform that the coach is specifically asking him to do -which he may have been doing?

Panic dollars on green

Was he moving okay?

rain those panic dollars

8 Likes

How did Dyson Heppell train?

Did he look energetic/lathargic?

Thanks for the reports. Pumped to hear that Hooker, Daniher and T-Bell are all back out there getting some touch.

Hi morgan hi

Leongathargic?