Training Monday 9/1/17

’ Green looked very good in shots on goal with one comment of ‘never misses’ from one of the players.’

Very good (please footy gods don’t let him catch the disease :slight_smile: )

Thanks for the report nackers

Thanks Nackers for your report.

Your name reminds me of a time when my kids, a girl and a boy, were around 4 and 6 years old, and they were drying after having a bath.

I told my son, the older one, “don’t forget to dry your knackers”, to which my daughter, who had started to dress replied,

“I’ve got knackers”.

Seeing that she was proudly pulling at the source of her confusion, I responded:

“They’re your knickers not your knackers.”

I blamed her exposure to her mother’s New Zealand accent.

Just book Daniher’s surgery already…

Personally think LAV will be like Deledio was for the tigers.
Not sure if compliment.

Considering he was Richmond’s best player for a long stretch and they couldn’t win a game without him, then yeah its a compliment. Maybe its just me who sees the similarities in body shape and play style.

Lids on? Or Lids off?

How is the coffee shop traveling? New trading facility and machine bedded down now so presumably is going from strength to strength.

Just book Daniher's cremation already...
Just book Daniher's surgery already...

I heard positive news last week from someone at the club. They are really confident he is fine. He’ll be in full training very soon. Mid Jan most likely.

Thanks for the report mate, great stuff.

Would it be fair to say that Laverde has spent most of his pre-season training as a forward, with Langford training mostly as a midfielder?

Also, how has Parish been looking so far? Clearly he’s put on some size but I haven’t heard an awful lot about how he’s tracking after such a strong debut season last year. Cheers again.

Would it be fair to say that Laverde has spent most of his pre-season training as a forward, with Langford training mostly as a midfielder?

Also, how has Parish been looking so far? Clearly he’s put on some size but I haven’t heard an awful lot about how he’s tracking after such a strong debut season last year. Cheers again.

Nickers, have I mentioned your name reminds me of a time when my kids …

Are you two related?

The first hour of the session was spent with players in 4 groups of 8 and rotating to a different drill after about 10 minutes. One group had 2 players evading the couch and working to set up a shot at goal from the pocket. I was particularly disappointed at the number of easy shots missed in this drill from players of all groups.
Maybe they should have had settee shots instead?

… seems like they were Lounging around. Would have been worse still if they had someone on the Chaise

The first hour of the session was spent with players in 4 groups of 8 and rotating to a different drill after about 10 minutes. One group had 2 players evading the couch and working to set up a shot at goal from the pocket. I was particularly disappointed at the number of easy shots missed in this drill from players of all groups.

… seems like they were Lounging around. Would have been worse still if they had someone on the Chaise

My attitude is, sofa, so good

Yes I think today was a very good indication of their intentions. The first 3/4 of the session everyone completed all the same drills, it was the last drill where there were clearly separated into forwards, midfielders (where Langford was) and defenders.

As has been pointed out by others previously Langford has put on extra size and is looking more and more comfortable in the midfield group.

Parish is in a different category, he just does everything well and looks like he’s been there for years, similar but not to the same level as Zerrett.

Maybe you and I are related… you’re not my long lost sister by any chance??

Great report nackers!

Just book Daniher's surgery already...

I heard positive news last week from someone at the club. They are really confident he is fine. He’ll be in full training very soon. Mid Jan most likely.

Mid Jan 2019?

Thanks for the report Nackers. You said:

“… although Laverde did quite well against both him and Stewart and smashed Green. Stewart did win some contests but not enough to give me a lot on confidence. I was particularly interested in Green versus Tippa considering Tippa’s one on one problems last year and I thought he did very well, at least broke even on most occasions and won quite a few. I have no doubt it’s something they have targeted over the pre season…”

You are saying Tippa halved or beat Green in marking contests , right ? So who won when the ball went to ground?

Onya nackers!!

My attitude is, sofa, so good

Couched in diplomatic language…nice!

Especially if they gave chaise in divan.

Awesome.

LAV.

How were Morgan and Redman?

Hooker has also been doing a lot of work on goalkicking with Skippy, both from standard set shots and from both boundaries with great results. His technique seems to have improved out of sight to me with a much steadier approach and punching the ball rather than just floating it through. Once he gets to about 50 though it’s a very different story. He seems to try and overkick it and has numerous shanks, I can’t recall him kicking even one sweetly. More reason for him to be full forward and Daniher centre half forward

Hooker’s never been noted for being monster kick so this is hardly surprising. Hopefully he’s also been working on spotting up short targets inside 50.