Training Notes: Wednesday 13th February

Are those last two blokes umps?

Not sure who they were, to be honest. They were young.

Jeez, how far did they run before that? They looked absolutely knackered and could’ve at least assumed some pressure, but hey what would I know…

5 Likes

Ha! They all look absolutely knackered in that clip!

Sounds like Joey is continuing to build - does he look to be going at 100% yet, or is he obviously still a bit limited?

Cheers once again for another terrific report. :+1:t2:

Adding the “Tagger” string to his bow?

Gee, you train as you play I thought. They way they’re strolling through the poles and snapping goals… all sorts of laconic

1 Like

This was their final run of 5. You are correct - they were exhausted. The only way to practice goal-kicking.

Today, Joey was going full-out. He did not play 4 quarters, though. So it all makes sense, really. He is now at 100% for small periods, followed by longer periods of lesser effort. That balance will swing the other way, and eventually get to 100% total time - by Round One :slight_smile:

Maybe. He is a nice size for it, and has all the tools and trademarks. He doesn’t take a backwards step, though he is a nice kid. Having said that - we all know that we won’t be ‘tagging’ anyone, ever.

4 Likes

They trained for 3.5 hours. A match lasts 2 hours

1 Like

Interesting that you mention Houlahan, Deckham. I think it is the first time I have heard his name mentioned during the entire pre-season.
Heard very little of him last year in the reserves. I think he was our top draft pick last year.

I wish it weren’t so man, but my opinion of him (from the outside looking in) has not really changed all pre-season. Reminds me a little of Edwards, actually. Hopefully, things change. His potential playing position is not exactly one were we are desperate for people.

Ha! Just being a little flippant. Sounds like a gruelling session

If we are in contention in finals this year and some opposition mid is tearing us a new one, Woosha will put a tag on him.
Take it to the bank.

Finished 1245! Fark me, that was a long time ago.

1 Like

Sounds familiar, that comment about Houlahan. I think someone, maybe fogdog said last year that needed to improve his attitude or endeavour.

My, that really is a damning comment…

you don’t mess with Dev - angry bugger

14 Likes

Fark I love Dev, what a gun.

Well done to Clarke for keeping up with him though. Most rucks would be left well behind.

9 Likes

2 Likes

Deckham, thanks for this report and all the other ones you did this preseason.

Which players notionally sitting just outside the typical best 22 that have done close to full preseasons impressed you most? AKA might be in the frame for selection ?

Tall Defenders; Ambrose , Brown, Hartley,Zerk
Medium Dea, , Ridley, McNiece
Mids: Clarke, Mynott. Mutch.
Rucks ZLarke, Drapes
Medium forwards Baguley, Houlahan
Tall forwards: Laverde, Stewart, Brown

Looks like Dev has continued on from last season giggty.

I think Zac Clarke is going to surprise a few great pick up by the club

4 Likes