Training Pics 10 Feb 2016

Just a few to go on with. More to come later…

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Tippa was in everything from the start to end of training. A VERY GOOD session.

The Langford’s bigger body size will create headaches for opposition this season.

‘Joffa’ Simpkin shows he likes to work on the inside and feed the outside runners.

BJ was more active and vocal (in a positive way) at today’s session.

Parish just keeps getting the ball and hitting targets with hand and foot.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Kelly clears the ball under pressure from Tippa.
TIPPA clearly been instructed not to injure any teammates this pre-season.
He should by tackling Jack Viney. However, Bags doesn't seem to care

I hope Gach puts on heap of muscle, increases his running capacity and can become a monster ruckman. Imagine the hype he will get. oh my. :slight_smile:

this is gold. thanks KB and friends

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Bluey spent heaps of time talking to Gach. His spring is something to behold. Give him time to build up his body strength and it may be a case of "move over Natanui!"

Didn’t he also equal Nic Nat’s record in the standing vertical jump at the draft combine? Lid disintegrated!

I’m as excited as anyone about Gach but in terms of sheer physical presence I’m not sure he’d ever approach the bulk of Natanui, who’s like a massive, even more mobile Goodes. Impossible to tackle and a freight train with skills. I may be well off but he looks a slender type, as in a type that remains slender despite inevitable additional bulk. My hope would be a replacement for Ryder and eventually an improvement if possible. X factor rucks, hard to come by.

I disagree I think he will become monster I’m more concerned with his ability to get the endurance required.

Can’t remember if I’ve posted in this thread already, but these photos are mesmerising!
Thanks so much, KB.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Bluey spent heaps of time talking to Gach. His spring is something to behold. Give him time to build up his body strength and it may be a case of "move over Natanui!"

Didn’t he also equal Nic Nat’s record in the standing vertical jump at the draft combine? Lid disintegrated!

I’m as excited as anyone about Gach but in terms of sheer physical presence I’m not sure he’d ever approach the bulk of Natanui, who’s like a massive, even more mobile Goodes. Impossible to tackle and a freight train with skills. I may be well off but he looks a slender type, as in a type that remains slender despite inevitable additional bulk. My hope would be a replacement for Ryder and eventually an improvement if possible. X factor rucks, hard to come by.

KB those pix are just incredible.
As to Ambrose. Last year he was not holding onto some simple uncontested overhead marks, both during the preseason and during the year. But it was subsequently revealed he had a shoulder problem, and he opted for surgery to correct it.
Is there any sign this has improved, or have they perhaps moved him into defence hoping he might be able to spoil opposition forwards ? Is there a sign he can spoil effectively when competing against tall forwards ?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic "Don't move, you fekkin piece of leather ■■■■■!" Conor has improved dramatically, his penetration and accuracy when kicking. His stamina at training also appears to be in at least the top 10 - 15%.

OH MY

Love seeing Merrett and Tippa on each other. Ahem.

Sam Michael and Mark Jamar are both strongly built ruckmen with the capacity to place physical pressure on most opposition ruckmen. As you may expect, Sam (probably because of his relative age) seems to have a better turn of speed than Mark but they are both strong in the air. I would however say that Smack has got them both covered with his ability below his knees when the ball hits the ground and also his superior “turning circle”.

…with Hartley as well, the Club is served well with tall options to enter the season. None may have the flair or speed of the Big H’s but their arial strength may just fit in well with a Worsfold big marking men West Coast Eagles style approach.

“Don’t move, you fekkin piece of leather ■■■■■!” Conor has improved dramatically, his penetration and accuracy when kicking. His stamina at training also appears to be in at least the top 10 - 15%.

I hope Gach gets a short run during the NAB challenge… keen to see progress thus far.

Looks like a fair start to a midfield rotation group right there.

I hope Gach gets a short run during the NAB challenge... keen to see progress thus far.

…would be very surprised if this doesn’t happen. :wink:

I see Sam Michael is still training with the group

Yep. Think he’s a certainty to as a minimum, play with the VFL team (good get) and still a possibility to become a senior top up (may depend on strategy with the rookies?).

I see Sam Michael is still training with the group

Lid HO

Your photos are getting better and better, KB.

Bluey spent heaps of time talking to Gach. His spring is something to behold. Give him time to build up his body strength and it may be a case of “move over Natanui!”