Training report - 2018-11-19 - All of the players

So excited to watch a fit Fantasia in 2019 (among many others!)
If he stays on the park all year he could be a top 10 player in the comp.
I reckon his potential is that high.

3 Likes

Hey mate, Dyson will be a line coach with VFL.

Don’t we need some of this?

Worrying. Worried. Concerning. Deeply concerning. Troubling.

#worried

Club just convinced a bloke to turn down more than $3 million to win finals. Can’t go back now.

13 Likes

I’d rather the coach and players back themselves and talk it up. Get behind them ffs. It’s them with their balls on the line. Why not support them now and be critical at the end of the season if they don’t meet your expectations rather than just being a sad piece of ■■■■ from day 1 of pre-season.

And i know, blah blah blah 5000+ days no finals wins. We deserve more. Don’t accept mediocrity etc etc.

7 Likes

Dood, blitz is gonna blitz

Hoping Ricky Dyson is being groomed to replace Jackets. Gives a whole new meaning to Ricky Dyson and a thrid rounder

10 Likes

I will unashamedly be on one watch only this pre season and that’s Daniher watch.

Already he has started in the modified group after 7 months with the one injury which contradicts slightly with some messaging coming from the club that he will a full pre season.

Session 1 so not the end of the world - for mine his groins are the most important at Essendon.

Ambos been hitting the gym.

11 Likes

impressive - we need options to out-muscle the opposition forwards.

Geard Healy on the phone to Asada

5 Likes

Checking if the status of Domoxinil has changed?

1 Like

That would be funny if it wasn’t so true. Someone should dob him in for trying to hide a bald spot. Will on allow right handed cameras on set.

1 Like

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/localfooty/nfl-2018-bundoora-coach-ricky-dyson-to-join-essendon-vfl-staff/news-story/5b81914dbc4b442b0a87d0934ebff1dd

2 Likes

He is in charge of overseeing all the 3rd rounders

23 Likes

BaDoomp, … tish

I’m interested in how Ambrose and Gleeson are compared. I know everyone loves Gleeson but I wonder how the coaches see it.

Ambrose is listed at 193cm and 95kg (69 games) and Gleeson 191cm and 86kg (67 games).

We know Ambrose dominates in the gym and in the time trials, and when he puts his body on the line he can do serious damage to his opponent (as well as himself).

Not saying Gleeson lacks courage but he’s not likely to hurt anyone else, and he’s probably a fair way back in the running stakes after missing last year, though he’s obviously a better run-&-carry player with a nice sidestep.

We know Ambrose hardly ever takes the kicking option and while being a decent set shot he tends to bomb any kick that’s under pressure. But what he lacks in attack he makes up for when in a lock down role.

I guess I’m looking at our backs being Hooker, Hurley, Francis, McKenna, Saad and then 1 of Gleeson, Ambrose or Brown, with Heppel and Myers being the mids who help out down back and maybe Guelfi the utility on the bench.

Thoughts?

1 Like

Marty and Franga be reading the play and plucking them til the early morn. Gleeson is a very good intercept mark and onward user, my take is he’d be vying with Aaron Francis, Ridley, Zrk, Redman.

I guess if you have to compare those two neither will die wondering and Marty will more often than not end up with the ball using skill and courage, Ambrose sheer strength and hustle. Geez we’ve got some depth!

2 Likes

The 2000 side refused to sing the club song until they had won the premiership. Couldn’t bring yourself any more expectation and pressure than that yet they looked more than comfortable carrying that on their shoulders all year.

I have no problem with the club talking up their chances and in fact I’m happy with it. If they dig in for the whole season next year I can’t see why we can’t win the flag.

The side looked ominous at times in the second half of the year. Although we were very inconsistent like we have been for a long time, I thought we played some of our best footy in 15 years.

Time to get the Essendon arrogance back.

4 Likes