Training report - 2023-12-09 Saturday

They make a cute couple.

1 Like

Is this unusual? We’ve just had a draft where maybe 2-3 players were rated elite kicks. I don’t think most teams have more than 3-4 players that most observers would call elite kicks.

6 Likes

Duz would be a perfect replacement for Hepp.

Tall enough, good overhead, tough and great endurance.

12 Likes

Given how many young players at EFC seem to regress both on their kicking quality and aggressiveness of their kicking, I think it’s coaching.

2 Likes

Love Merret as captain

Big praise on Durhams fitness condtion by the captain.

5 Likes

Instead of intra club matches reckon the club should organize to play agsinst a team

You dont learn much or improve playing against your selfs imo

Massimo and Baldwin’s treatment told you all you needed to know about Scott’s priorities.

3 Likes
7 Likes

Don’t think so. I think that he would have had to be nominated before the draft for that to happen.

Yze.

Love Heppel but there is a massive diffrecnce between him and Hep as captains

3 Likes

Redman, Ridley, McKenna were/are all top kicks. Cox and Reid were elite kicks at U18 level. Baldwin and Mass are fantastic kicks and hardly got played last season.

6 Likes

I hope Caddy develops quickly and fixes the woeful contested marking we have.

1 Like

Reckon hell play rnd 1 and get out of the side

The way we send the ball inside, well, even Hawkins would struggle.

1 Like

Will be nice to have a key forward in the team that has some ego.

3 Likes

If your option was Harrison Jones or Weidemann in a contest you might send the ball sideways etc instead too.

Hopefully Harry Jones has just been hampered as he develops and does come on.

2 Likes

Yall are sleeping on my guy Hunter, we are going to hopefully have a competent forward line in both the afl and vfl this year

28 Likes

Was at training this morning.
Usual list was doing laps or runs on the second oval.
Lots of running, just about every drill was finished with some sprints or half laps.
Players split into 2 or 3 groups at a time doing various keeping off/pressure drills. Stanton was running the one closest to us, very vocal. Great to see Hurley there also.
As we were right near goals, I was really only concentrating on the forwards and backs. Great to see Reid do the whole session.
Baldwin, Ridley, Langford, Jones and Menzie stood out.
Caddy looks great! Towards the end he was doing a light lap, he was thrown the ball and without breaking stride, after one further step just kicked it through for a goal…at the time of kicking he was jogging outside the boundary line and was 3 metres from the behind post, so pretty basically in line with the goal line, nondayloght between any posts.
All players came over for photos and signatures, my son gained quite a few more.
Goldstein said he is excited to be here, grew up an Ess fan so all that emotion pre-draft came back when he arrived.
Tex said he expects to be training after xmas (didnt elaborate any further).
Brad mentioned there would be an intra club match, then a practice game (opponent tba) before the Geelong practice game.

92 Likes

Music to my ears

4 Likes