Training report - 2023-12-09 Saturday

Pretty wet conditions here at the hanger this morning.
Stringer, Wright, McKay, J Davey running laps early on the second oval away from the main training.
There is some half ground match sim happening on the main oval and Caddy has kicked some early goals

74 Likes

DADDY CADDYFEST 2.0

4 Likes

Thanks @skidmark82. Any updates appreciated.
Who is playing on Caddy?

1 Like

Drapes has finally joined the rehab group and is doing minor run throughs. Cox has definitely put on some size, he’s no monster but he should be able to compete more this season with his current size.
Big Ben is massive and his arms are huge. He’s going to be a great addition to our backline.
It’s good to see Reid participating in the main training unimpeded with injury.

81 Likes

CADDY4COLEMAN

1 Like

Nate daddy

3 Likes

i love preseason

23 Likes

If Reid and Hayes come in we will really have an embarrassment of riches down back.

14 Likes

I think both are true. His kicking has improved but he also disposes of the ball within his limits more often.

Hayes positioning and defending space/man in VFL was good this year. When he got into the strength battle then he looked out of depth. The off season strength program will see him got more confidence.
I think Reid is more suited to deeper defender role while Hayes more higher up ground playing to his strengths.

Yeah I think ppl are sleeping on hayes. if reid is fit he will be bloody good for us.

5 Likes

Our official pre season game is against Geelong

7 Likes

I don’t mind this. Get a flogging nice and early in the year. Really kill the hope before it even has a chance to build.

58 Likes

It should be against the Pies or GWS, if we want a measure of how were going, we need to play the best teams.

We’ll beat them, people will get their hopes up (even thought Geelong finished below us on the ladder), and then the real season will bring us back down to earth.

2 Likes

I don’t mind playing cats in pre-season, as long as Lav is rested.

6 Likes

Brad hinting at positional changes at half back to add more ‘bounce’.

I would guess maybe A.Davey

15 Likes

what does ‘bounce’ mean? speed? agility and aerial capability? Heppell was great last year but does he keep his spot in the back half or is there any where else he can play…

I think we beat em in a preseason game a couple of years ago. I think Waterman booted 5 or something. Maybe I’m wrong

durham and duursma too i would guess. bit of a midfield rotation through the 7th defender spot

7 Likes