Training Report for Thursday 10th Feb of some year before 2023

it begins

Cheers for the updates! What position are he and Tex playing?

Don’t reckon Jones will be there rd1 has missed too much pre season

We want the list to be full, but not to capacity.

3 Likes

Oh boy…who doesn’t love a big Cox coming from the back.

Fark me… lock in Stringer to be fit again by at least round 12

1 Like

3 Likes

He was running laps, mostly with Langers I think.

1 Like

Who were they playing against?

The opponent should also be considered when discussing a players good form.

1 Like

Tex was playing deepest forward for a while. Did a couple of nice things including a good mark on a lead and goal. But he also overran a ground ball that he probably should have gathered.

I’m not sure what position Martin was playing. Half forward perhaps. It took me a while for figure out who he was. He did a couple of nice things too, including outmarking Ridley on one occasion. Some of the boys got around him after that with “you just outmarked the best interceptor in the game!”

41 Likes

hello old sport :wink:

Ha! Cheers. How did Perkins & Durham go?

And whilst everyone is crying doom and gloom over niggling injuries to Stringer/Jones/Langford, it looks like Ben King might have copped a serious knee injury at training for the Suns.

Off the back of Nick Coffield doing an ACL for the Saints at training last week.

And, of course, any injury round up wouldn’t be complete with noting that Fantasia’s knee is playing up and he may be headed in for surgery…except elective surgery currently banned in SA.

Right now, we are getting off lightly on the injury front.

22 Likes

2016 # topups forwardline (Round 2 v Demons)

hf: Zach Merrett Kyle Langford Adam Cooney
f: Matt Stokes Joe Daniher Nick kommer
int: Orazio Fantasia

vs (no stringer, Jones, Walla 2022)
hf: Waterman Baldwin Francis
f: Smith Wright Snelling
int: Perkins

Our mids are going to need to kick a lot of goals this year, though at least they seem to be aware of that.

Perkins flashed in and out of play. Took a couple of nice grabs. Ran hard to create options. I thought he looked pretty good given he’s missed some of the preseason.

I didn’t notice as much of Durham, but I was struggling to make out players on the far side of the ground. He took a good contested mark at one point. I think he looks stronger than last year.

29 Likes

Does Jones look ready to go next week?

3 of our starting 6 forwards are currently unavailable. not sure thats getting off lightly

4 Likes

Parish and Caldwell kicked 2 goals each today. Its a start

29 Likes

were they were playing in the forward pocket, or on the ball?