Training Report - Friday 20 January 2023

Never ■■■■ with a bloke who plays hurling

2 Likes

Football tactics are so overrated. The best teams in recent times just have a relatively simple and uncomplicated philosophy of how the game should be played and buy into it 100%.

You’ll never find a bad team that plays simple yet absolutely committed footy.

2 Likes

Or even the 2022 draft. Sam Durham was 2021.

2 Likes

I haven’t seen that in ages.

Forgot how vicious that left was… Jeepers.

Even more amazing that we hid them for another year before officially drafting them. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Fark that,thats loser club talk im over us being ■■■■ and laughed at we aim to win and build a winning culture

1 Like

There are plenty of ways to win while losing Nino

You suggesting tanking

go to bed nino

2 Likes

Nope. I’m suggesting developing a game plan and style that will drive us to success. If it takes 12 months to bed down properly and leads to finals wins the following year, then I can live with finishing last and being in a position to pick up what looks like a Hird or Ablett level talent.

Dont tell me to go to bed buddy.

Me wanting us not to be ■■■■ anymore is a bad thing acording to blitz

15 plus years of crapness ive had a gutfull

4 Likes

You can still aim to win tho why not do both

Bring on NAB Cup wanna see kids, AAMI series whatever you wanna call it

1 Like

Maybe it’s a simple matter of ‘how am I most likely to limit Jake’s effectiveness’. As a defender, you do research on your opponent, and then implement on game day. One of the tools that Redman decided to use to beat Jake was niggle.
Perhaps Jake thought it a little excessive, but from what we’re hearing Redman is pulling out all stops this off season and has seemingly adopted a win at all costs attitude.
Of course, they may just dislike one another

Yeah doesn’t work that way, our team will and should be showing something this year if they are gonna go anywhere. You don’t need to drop down to last before heading upwards, we have already picked up a tonne of young talent.

2 Likes

Because Nino, we have spent the past 20 years trying to win with inferior teams/game plans. All that leads to is bouncing in and out of the 8 and losing elimination finals. Let’s do this properly, ignore the results and actually develop the team. If it leads to wins this year great, but I don’t want to see us scrape into the 8 and get bounced straight back out again. I’m over that ■■■■ like everyone else here. Get it right and don’t give a rats ■■■■ about the score. Do it right and the wins will come. Don’t expect it this year though, it will only continue the cycle.

1 Like

Yep, we have, and four or so are currently broken and will provide limited input for the year, while another is likely to be a couple of years away before he will deliver (if he doesn’t get homesick). I am not saying we should lose every game, only that to me the score this year doesn’t matter as much as the team becoming hard to beat. Get that right and it is only a matter of time before losses become wins. If we were to lose every game this year by less that 2 goals, I would still call that a successful year.

3 Likes

Exacltly all we have been doing is going to draft and trying to devlop talent the last few years

Its now time for us to harness that talent we already have

1 Like

I’d like to see Peter Wright in the leadership group. His increasing reliability and physical presence are a talisman in the forward half.
Redman is the perfect vc in my opinion, a guy you’d trust to have your back at every turn. Main job is either Heppel or Merrett.
He’s not perfect, but the time is probably right to see how Merrett goes as captain.
He does have a bit of the Michael Corleone about him and that worked out.
And Langford probably makes the list in place of Parish

I could see Wright getting a role. He has shown commitment and improvement ever since he arrived, I’d just like to see him take more control of the forward, organising and directing other players.
I’m not a Langford fan, so not for me.

1 Like