Training Report - Friday 20 January 2023

Thanks for the excellent training report!

1 Like

Well hes signing on to our vfl team regardless of if he gets a list spot

2 Likes

First class reports and awesome to see some comments from members who have not posted for a while. Hopefully we see steady improvement across the club that flows into our supporter base.

4 Likes

I’d say it’s just Redman training like he plays, he’s a proper mongrel. Unfortunately for him, he’s not protected by umpires at training so he copped a whack. Also good for Stringer to train under match like conditions. I’m all for it.

5 Likes

Yeah I don’t mind it. Train like you play. If it was a cheap shot, then I’m fine with Stringer retaliating. If it wasn’t, then Stringer needs to ignore it and focus on the ball.

2 Likes

Forget about last year, it was a reflection on the coach and his lack of knowledge about the game.

Use 2021 as an example of our players, we have talent, someone like Scott can now harness that and create a game plan around it and maximise it. The kids will take time but I expect to see Perkins to go another level this year, Cox is 12 months behind him but I’d also want to see improvement from him. Hobbs second year blues but hope not, Setterfield and Weed I’d expected improvement from their old clubs but not Alot.
I think we will surprise this year and it will be similar to 2021.

3 Likes

Who was our coach in 2021?

2 Likes

Yep, highly appreciated, thanks

I wouldnt that is a disater the last thing we want especially after the ■■■■ show last year

We need to show improvement by going up wards not backwards

1 Like

I think you’ll find it probably a fifty split on that as I would take losing by two goals each week over some of the limp wrist performances we put in last year

4 Likes

Maybe fans who started following Essendon after 2000 would be ok with it but not me

2 Likes

I agree. I’d expect we’ll win a minimum of 10 games

1 Like

I am in this camp. especially with the soft draw. Maybe a couple more if injuries are kind

Really great report and thanks. But Jesus H, but a but but … snakes out there on the outer wing?

1 Like

This is the material I come to this website for.

2 Likes

Boats n hoes

1 Like

Terrific report B_B_M… love the ‘by the numbers’ reporting!

1 Like

Expect I’ve been following them since 1990 so you might be wrong in that one, there would be no point repeating the cycle since 2000 of scrap into finals fall out of finals bottom out the next year and rinse and repeat.
This is the time we invest in the long term future of the club

3 Likes

You don’t have to come last to invest in the future of the club

7 Likes

Will they be training on Wednesday 24th January in the morning? I’m down from Brisbane for a couple of days and was going to check it out

2 Likes