Training report - Monday 14 December 2020

Training update from @CJohns on Twitter sounds like a good start

48 Likes

Essendon doing match sim at training? Since when have we done that…

Twitter and/or @CJohns need to fix their time zone.

3 Likes

What number is 2MP wearing?

5 Likes

I might be incorrect, but In the past we haven’t done match simulation until after the New year break.

Pre Christmas is usually spent building Fitness and skills.

hook it to my veins

17 Likes

Yeah I was just thinking the same thing. Players love match sim - makes you wonder how much of it is to set a good vibe heading into the break (after the year we’ve had).

1 Like

Given how much a debacle it was with only 1 kpf at times (injury affected) would love to see us flip that and end up with more talls than we is usually have played in previous years.

Will also mean Stringer is forced to get to a greater level fitness so can impact in midfield more often / pressure at ground level

Jones already was a man in a hurry to make his mark. And now have a heap more young tyro’s who have senior footy in their sights. They’ve also had the year basically focussed on building their bodies without any games being played.

4 Likes
5 Likes

Can’t wait to see some photos of training

1 Like

More. I want more.

14 Likes

Can’t wait to mentally turn 1 training report into a premiership

56 Likes

You can build skills and fitness in match simulation. So they should be spending 90% of the time at training, by working on their game plan.

When I coached Soccer, this was 1-0-1 of football coaching. When I did my accreditation, the trainer told us to throw out any training drills that didn’t involve a ball and didn’t improve shape and formation.
He said the biggest waste of time training drills was running laps and juggling (keeping the ball off the ground).

Good training drills will improve fitness, sharpen skills, build team cohesion and tactical understanding.

21 Likes

I heard Eyre,Reid,Brand,and Cox are playing keepings off by kicking sky balls.

Cocky bastards.

27 Likes

I am going to keep the LID ON this preseason.

I hope we can be competitive in 2021 and win a few games.

Starting from a low expectation base here in Dubbo.

Lets see how this approach goes.

3 Likes

Eyre is going to be a big boy once he fills out.

24 Likes

I thought he was Daniher for a sec. A lot better looking tho.

Very similar body shape to Daniher. He’s probably more developed than what Daniher was when we drafted him.

7 Likes

That is an old photo of Josh I believe. That’s from 2019 pre season.

There has been a lot more match sim play and match sim drills over the past few years pre-Xmas. Here are the first 2 old training reports that I came across.

Dec 2019

Dec 2019

4 Likes

I hope we got the rub of the green with the umps for a change

1 Like