Training report - Monday 16 January 2023

At least this guy has one of his shoot names starting with an H?

2 Likes

7 Likes

3 Likes

Munkaras size excites me. Reminds me of that Liam Jurrah type size, somewhat tall, athletic, great goal sense etc, hopefully sans the machetes.

7 Likes

Do you really need to say that?

6 Likes

No of course I didn’t, it was a joke, sorry if you don’t like it.

6 Likes

Or just be Haku, because no one (including Andre the Giant) will ever be brave enough to call you out for only having a one-word name.

https://www.thesportster.com/wrestling/top-15-insane-stories-that-prove-menghaku-was-the-toughest-wrestler-ever/

1 Like

:laughing:

7 Likes

Sorry but Dom Perrottet doesn’t have the initials H.H

9 Likes

I THOUGHT I TOLD YOU TO SHAVE THOSE SIDEBURNS!

33 Likes

10 Likes

Didnt Himmler have something similar??

2 Likes

Sorry if you think that’s funny.

1 Like

Thanks for the report.

So glad to read about the goal kicking practice. Obviously it’s (finally) a priority. This in itself should mean more goals on the scoreboard. Loved that Heppell comment : “do your routine”. A routine has so obviously been absent with so many of them in the past.

I don’t consider Reid, Jones or Stewart when thinking about a possible lineup (not that I’ve been trying to work out one). If any of them ever get fit enough to play well, it would just be a surprise bonus.

Reports about Hayes have all been positive. And I’m pleased to read that Heppell’s promising pre-season form continues, especially as I’d virtually written him off. I’d love to see him back to his good form of 4 years ago. He was an All Australian prior to his foot injury.

10 Likes

Ok thank you

6 Likes

Great report! As a fellow first timer on the training report scene I just call it how I see it, which you’ve done beautifully here.

5 Likes

I should be a coach, I said this last week.

5 Likes

No love to the famous detective from Hong Kong!

5 Likes

I arrived at about 10:30, so my observations are limited. Arrived to see Walla with a lovely little pass to a free Stringer in the pocket, when it was expected that he’d go to the top of the square.

Players then moved onto the second oval. One on one ground ball contests were good to watch. Walla was opposed to McGrath for one and beat him (not that Andy made it easy). Walla still needs a good bit of conditioning to run out a whole session, but his nous and skills are looking really good. The ground ball drill became a 2v2, and some of his repeat effort pressure and tackling was prime Walla.

One thing that I did like is the drill with constant movement in the forward line, which meant when we kicked to Wright, he was one out and had an easier mark/shot. Having Stringer, Weideman and at times Walla as alternate leading targets certainly makes for a more dangerous forward line. Hopefully the plan of ‘long to Wright every time’ is a thing of the past.
Noticed in another drill, the players switched te ball from one side to the other, and the play was stopped. Perkins said ‘why are we switching when we’ve got a 5 v 3 on that side?’

Speaking of which, 2MP is moving really well. Some really good clunk marks, and his positioning is looking really good.

I saw the aforementioned Lord incident. Not that you want to excuse it, but it was Draper coming at him at speed, and the pass sold him into trouble a little.

Impressed that Mass, Voss and Baldwin were all out with Hurley doing extras after the others had gone in. Voss and Baldwin mainly doing 1v1 positional work in a marking contest. Kelly also was doing some clean hands drills with Hurls, who alos stopped to say hello to some fans.

I’m pleased to see Jones working really hard to get his fitness and form back. Did a good running session with some light skills, hopefully see him in full training soon.

Incidentally, would love a video update from the club re: Reid, Jones, Parish etc.

94 Likes

Cheers for the reports! :clap:t2:

5 Likes