Training Report - Thursday 11th Feb 2021

Impressive review and can’t help wondering if the coach is preparing the squad for 2023, which is fine by me but is less likely to be acceptable to Blitz generally. Actually looking forward to the season and hope there won’t be as many beltings as I suspect. But I’ll wear the thrashings if we end up with top end draft positions. Can’t always get what you want but hopefully we get what we need. Play the kids! Let’s start by pumping a few games into Bryan.

2 Likes

Nothing to add, top work people.

3 Likes

Appreciate all the hard work and reports by the training watchers!

1 Like

One thing Ill say is Im not impressed by the physiques of alot of our players.
This has been something we have been clearly behind in for a number of years.

Take Mcgrath for example, he looks as if he has gone backwards in muscle development. He still looks like he has the body of a teenager.

I dont understand why it takes most other clubs draftees a couple of years to fill out but ours seemingly either take forever or never do.

Its little wonder why year in year out we get bullied around the contest.

1 Like

I agree with what you’re saying mostly, but I don’t agree with pumping games into Bryan. From the training reports I would have thought he’s still a way off. He won’t be playing ruck ahead of Draper or even Phillips. Up forward Jones would be ahead of him and so would Wright. So if Bryan is getting games I’d say we’ve got injury problems

2 Likes

ESSENDON ACTS ALONE.

6 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

McGrath is listed as 178cm and 83kg. Makes him a fairly solid unit given his height.

Personally I think he looks much more solid than when he was drafted.

22 Likes

He does look more solid for sure but not to the extent that what I think 5 pre seasons in the system should do to ones body.

They aren’t bodybuilders. They run more than any team sport in the world

McGrath has definitely bulked up plenty to allow him to play permanent inside mid and cop the continual punishment.

Someone has just noted McGrath is 178cm & 83kgs, and he’s still very young.

Lachie Neale is 177cm and 85kgs

For reference Daniel Kerr who I’d think McGrath similar to was 178cm and 80kg.

25 Likes

There is only so much weight you can put on a guy that height without compromising speed and agility.

I think you need to get the balance right or otherwise you take away from his natural ability.

7 Likes

McGrath is plenty built for a 22 year old.

7 Likes

Sammy Draper has a slight lower leg issue but will be back training next week. massive relief.

67 Likes

l see what you did there. :smile:

Thanks to All Star Bomber and Saladin for going above and beyond in the service of action starved Blitzers.

1 Like

Good news - thank you for that Billy.

3 Likes

Cheers to all who contribute track reports. Sure beats the fluff pieces put out by all the official scribes this time of year.

13 Likes

body of a teenager?

33 Likes

Whats so impressive about that photo ?

The blueness of his polo?

3 Likes

He looks massive across the chest in that pic. I never would have described him like that previously.
Photos can lie, but he looks like Roger Ramjet.

16 Likes