Training Report - Thursday 11th Feb 2021

:upside_down_face:

The boys are at Windy Hill today.

12 Likes

I loved Byron Pickett. One of my favourite non-Essendon players of all time

1 Like

Hence geelong players look bigger

3 Likes

Zac Reid has seriously long legs. Its obviously where he gets that height.

I remember watching his draft highlights and thinking that his legs were extraordinarily long compared to his torso.

His legs are exceptionally long. I reckon he will develop a Fletch like roost.

1 Like

Yup, geelong, adelaide look bigger and north, collingwood and hawks looks taller.
We just look like we just won a beauty pageant

5 Likes

Are you sure?

2 Likes

28 Likes

What isn’t mentioned/considered in this piece, is what happens when stripes bend around a shape.

1 Like

Do you think that makes a significant difference?

1 Like

I disagree

6 Likes

1 Like

Absolutely.
The examples given depict straight lines. If you curve those lines around a body, it highlights…the curves. Horizontal lines highlight the curves in the vertical - which is what we mean when we describe ‘curvaceous’.

1 Like

I’d have thought that vertical lines will be pushed wide and highlight the with in a horizontal direction, so would lead to vertical lines being the opposite of slimming.

Of course there will be differences between how it works with different types of stripes etc. And the colours of the stripes will affect perception as well.

But I think that there is no question that the old tale that “horizontal stripes make you look fat, and vertical stripes make you look thin” is a load of rubbish.

Should be in the fashion thread!

1 Like

Do not believe everything you see in a photo taken by a phone camera. Closeups make noses and lips look bulbous, the image at the edge of the visual field in group shots can be distorted as well. But its a fair assumption that Andy is “built” when compared with the mere mortals in his family !

as mentioned in another thread on my cycling travels yesterday i rode past sCg where the bin Chickens were training…

Full ground 15 a side mouthguards in umpired game…no holding back …

buddy not involved was standing behind goals juggling a ball …

t hickey playing full forward…

the only guy that stood out was i think was logan mcdonald…

are we mouthguards in yet?

1 Like

No…just…NO!

We are always behind in preparation compared to other teams even if we didn’t make the finals the year before

1 Like