Training Report - Thursday 18 February 2021

I’ve said it before, if it was anyone else behaving this way to any player, it would be “stop or you’ll be banned - we get it”

From limited observations can’t see a starting backline containing all of Redman, Heppell, Hind and Cahill. Maybe 3 max along with Hooker, Ridley and Francis/ Stewart. I like the potential of Redman starting on a wing but maybe more informed track watchers can suggest their likely starting back 6 six.

1 Like

Membership has fallen considerably since last year. I don’t begrudge the club in trying to find new ways in which to make money and try bump up their membership tally. As has been mentioned numerous times in this thread, memberships, particularly those on the lower end of the spectrum aren’t pricey. Whether people have the means to go out and get a membership is on them and I don’t judge them, everyone has their reasons.

As a member at essendon, the way in which we are looked after by the club isn’t that great. Consistently members with reserved seats are placed in amongst rival fans at Etihad stadium, and communications from the club never seem to reach members first

In an ideal world, the club could beef up its social media and website and provide member only access that at least provides an added incentive in becoming a member to those that are sitting on the fence

1 Like

What are these traditional practice matches that people keep talking about?

I’m basing these extra numbers on a practice match scenario of 24 or more players.
So a first half with 3 of Heppell Hind Cahill as small backs, with Heppell rested for Redman in the second half would be a possibility.

1 Like

They’re held at Skinner Reserve.

Use sunscreen.

1 Like

I’m not sure that, ‘we may not be treated well as members, but at least they’re making things exclusive that previously weren’t’ is a fantastic point.

And nor is, ‘for either financial or personal reasons I may not have taken out a membership…but internet access to a practice match, you say? Interesting.’

My point is at least the club is trying to incentivise people in becoming a member and actually giving current members benefits.

And even then…was he actually listening?

Where I struggle with almost all of your posts criticising our management is that you speak in a language of certainty about managerial performance based on rumour and media speculation and many, many unverified - unverifiable - assumptions - particularly about cause and effect, where your assumed cause is board incompetence.

Even the rather insignificant issue above, you’ve assumed that the ‘rumour’ the AFL wanted Xav was the reason for our decision to extend. You assume we are so incompetent that we couldn’t verify whether there was truth to the rumour. You assume that our decision wasn’t made because we actually reviewed all of Xav’s performance and thought overall we need him. You assume that Xav drove the worsfold extension - the Board are too stupid to know what they want - and that we’re better off without the extension of Worsfold and transition to Rutten. You can hold that opinion if you want - supporter pile-ons to a losing coach are the norm, but it’s not close to anything rational - just another assumption and in this case scapegoating.

If you spoke in a language of ‘this is my opinion’ rather than I know X, Y & Z and all of these views are fact - and those of you who can’t see this are gullible happy clappers living in a fantasy world - then I would have more confidence that your opinion is informed rather than just being yet another rant from a frustrated supporter who has decided they have discovered the real reason we’ve been crap for 20 years, and if only the Board were as clever.

and ps…even though the post above is critical of your posts, the truth is I still like reading your POV as I find it challenging and interesting but I do filter it a lot for what I think are unverified opinions.

2 Likes

Similar to the Kangas thinking we are traditional rivals.

1 Like

I have. And I will continue to do so when asked. I try not to make insinuations so if you can point me to where I have I’ll attempt to clear them up.

I hope you understand, as many here in the same situation will attest, that sometimes you can’t quote sources, for many reasons. I hope you also understand that for everything I ( and many others) do say, there’s five more things we can’t.

If you don’t like or appreciate that I believe the ignore function is pretty simple to use.

Now to my ‘good friend’ Paul Cousins. I think it’s a travesty that he is no longer in the board and have been upfront about that from the start.

People like Paul make boards accountable, which for some is very inconvenient. People like Paul are also living proof great administrative skills and a whip smart football brain are not mutually exclusive, although they are pretty rare.

I’ve written so many words on here again and again regarding what I believe needs to change at the club, so for this purpose I’ll keep it really really simple…

Less spin, more truth, accountability.

2 Likes

Lol well as it was a written exchange I couldn’t really say but it felt like the stuff I was saying and the stuff he was saying were, in no way shape or form, related.

1 Like

Totally agree with this. you either follow the team and support them or you don’t. No need for being a bandwagoner supporter

1 Like

You’d be surprised

2 posts were split to a new topic: Practice match vs Fark Carlton - Thursday 25 Feb 2021 @ 11am - no entry, live stream

A post was merged into an existing topic: Practice match vs Fark Carlton - Thursday 25 Feb 2021 @ 11am - no entry, live stream