Training report - Thursday 4 February 2021

and elite…

4 Likes

2 Likes

3 Likes

I am missing the buzz of reading training reports and am starting to exhibit withdrawal symptoms. Please help me…

3 Likes

Currently flaccid and chilling

When it comes to training watchers Champion Data rates Tom Brown elite and @nackers average.

10 Likes

Wow. I knew Cox was skinny but that photo is unreal.
Id be surprised if he played senior footy this year.
I know hes put on a little bit of weight since then but that photo is crazy.

Are you sure your not just looking at your own.

1 Like

That was a while ago, he’s far more … umm … tumescent these days.

2 Likes

Are you saying he has more girth about him?

2 Likes

Twomey saying stringers cooked.

What’s he done?

As injured, or as in unfit?

3 Likes

Yikes.

RIP stringer.

Wont be fit for 1st round you’d think. Maybe this has happsnd due to him being so active in the offseason? 2 years a go I did my calf as I hit the fittest I had ever been, but that was due to over working myself. May have he done that with the sublime figure he’s gotten himself into?

3 Likes

He’s been eyeing off Joe’s LTI spot for 3 years. Now’s his opportunity to make it his own.

24 Likes

He’s tweaked a calf, let’s not overreact.

9 Likes

It’s gonna be amputated, just get your head around it now.

10 Likes

Callum Twomey obviously isn’t in Nackers league but here are his observations from training…

ESSENDON forward Jake Stringer was forced off the track early on Thursday with a leg issue which continues an interrupted off-season for the goalkicker.

Stringer left the Bombers’ session grabbing at his calf and had the issue assessed by the club’s medicos on the sidelines before ending his training.

The former Western Bulldogs star had only recently rejoined full training having been a part of the modified group since returning to the club.

While it did not appear a serious setback, Stringer adds to a group of experienced Bombers who were not taking part in the session, including David Zaharakis and Patrick Ambrose, who were on reduced duties.

The Bombers are looking for Stringer to spearhead the club’s forward line after the 2018-19 leading goalkicker was restricted to 10 games last season due to a syndesmosis ankle injury.

Michael Hurley, who has been training as a forward in a possible return to attack this season, was absent from training, as was Kyle Langford and top-10 pick Archie Perkins.

Last year’s best and fairest winner Jordan Ridley has stepped up his training after missing several weeks with a calf concern, with the gun intercept defender doing the majority of the session before finishing it with individual running on the Bombers’ second oval.

Captain Dyson Heppell was again stationed across half-back during the match simulation parts of the session, with the former Rising Star set to return to his original AFL role.

Jayden Laverde also looks set for a change in position as he develops as a defender.

Former Greater Western Sydney midfielder Jye Caldwell impressed during the nearly three-hour hitout, with the new recruit set to add some important strength and power to the Bombers’ onball brigade.

Fellow recruit Peter Wright, who shapes as a potential replacement for Joe Daniher inside 50 for the Bombers, took some impressive marks in match drills, while imposing young ruckman Sam Draper also continued his exciting summer.

Star forward sends injury scare through Bombers camp (afl.com.au)

29 Likes