Training report - Tuesday 12 January 2021

Choose Gav, and we get Tex, its like a 2 for 1

1 Like

Pretty disappointed to miss today’s session, I heard from someone that it would probably be tomorrow but obviously that wasn’t correct.

I spoke to a friend that went this morning and got a bit of a run down on the day.

In the time trial Langford and Cox were close most of the way with Cox kicking clear in the last 30 metres.

Cahill, Hird and Snelling were also right up the front. Ambrose and Stringer didn’t train, and a number of other senior players didn’t do the time trial including Hooker, Hurley and Shiel. Brand was apparently nearly lapped, and Zerk was also very slow.

Josh Misiti did the time trial and ran quite well finishing mid pack, with his father watching on from outside the fence.

I didn’t get the whole modified group but it did include Shiel and Guelfi, who both seemed to be moving ok and would quite likely be in the main group next week

Heppell did a lot of running today at a good pace without joining the main players. After a couple of hours he was sitting on an esky on the sidelines and may have had his foot in ice, but they couldn’t tell as nobody else seems to bother turning up with binoculars.

During the main drills they were generally split into 2 groups, one doing end to end ball movement while the other was running.

Some observations were that Johnson joined in with the main group for the first time and acquitted himself quite well, apparently he has a beautiful kicking style.

Cox and Reid were both impressive, particularly their ability to pick up ground balls for such big guys.

Todays session was also the most vigorous of the pre season to date, so the next one will probably be Thursday rather than tomorrow, but that’s really only a guess, I’m hoping to hear when the next session is tonight.

That’s about all I have at the moment.

108 Likes

Ron Andrews

3 Likes

Great report, especially since you weren’t even there!

24 Likes

Gee that is promising

hope we get some more footage from the club, sounds like a good session

6 Likes

Thanks Nackers, the standard of your reports are magnificent, even when you’re not there :clap:

11 Likes

Thanks, don’t hang me if anything isn’t right though, it’s just what I heard.

4 Likes

Nackers do you know if we will ever be allowed inside the fence to watch training?

Or has that been ruled out for the foreseeable future?

Brand and BZT running performance matches up with what I saw last week. BZT was at the tail end, but not catastrophic. Brand was in all sorts of trouble, really struggling to plod around.

1 Like

Nackers is that much of a big deal around here that he’s outsourcing his work. Nice.

27 Likes

Oooooh. @nackers not happy :slight_smile:

5 Likes

“I hear Dusty is all about the mindfulness. If I can just master the headstand I’ll be one step closer to full yogic enlightenment”

1 Like

Brand sounds like he may not have been a naturally great runner at the best of times but we have to cut them some slack for how messed up last year would have been for those guys in their draft year cut off from their semi elite environment and not playing footy. Some guys would have been really attentive in adhering to their own program and have been really self motivated but for others I imagine it may have been tougher. Especially as 17/18 year old kids.
At least he knows now where the bar is set and how much work needs to be put in.

14 Likes

Now we understand that photo; Langford got knocked around by Big Cox.

1 Like

@CJohns mentioned last week that he thougt we will be locked out until at least the start of the season, I imagine he heard fro a source at the club.

3 Likes

Where is the option for Mark Mercuri?

2 Likes

Any love for Bernie Jones???

1 Like

50 votes and one solitary for the bloke who this forum is named after

uppercut yourselves. all of you

3 Likes

Thanks for the updates mate! A shame that Stringer and Ambrose didn’t join in the time trial.

Really looking forward to seeing Johnson play this year - he looks in good shape, hopefully the kid can play.

1 Like

Training pics from today are up on the site FYI.

3 Likes