Training report - Tuesday 23 February 2021

I’m lead to believe the other guys have been sent home, only Waterman is the non affiliated person training now (Dunkley is VFL listed)

I don’t know what this means though, last year Lockyer was last man standing and we ended up signing someone else.

5 Likes

@nackers

Is Archibald training?

Bit early for that.

Do you recall if Crauford was injured at the time, hence why he mightn’t have trained along with Nigel during that period? Would be interesting if the club has someone else in mind for a spot that hasn’t been training.

There was a snippet that I can’t remember the source of that the club had someone in mind who they considered a top 10 pick.

They may be that passionate about Waterman. They may also have a smokey somewhere who we know nothing about.

Any sign of life on the Paddy Ambrose front @nackers?

Portrait?

2 Likes

Does Cox look 200cm?

2 Likes

If we are on to him then hes elite VFL level

No, he was Mighty Moss.

In the unlikely event that a top 10 talent was still available surely EFC would just sign them up straight away? Why wait, especially if they aren’t training at the club.

4 Likes

Every time I’ve seen this mystery top 10 pick mentioned, my first thought has been what year?

2 Likes

Yeah. I take it with a serious grain of salt.

Like, I can see us grabbing someone random. I just would have expected it to already have happened if such a talent existed.

1 Like

Unless it wasn’t worth talking about or it’s thoroughly controversial like us having a look at McCartin.

1 Like

Is he a prized recruit.?

2 Likes

When I hear the Club thinks they have a mystery top 10 pick, my first thought is always James Davies

4 Likes

Interesting the McGrath is training.

AFL’s new concussion protocol requires a concussed player be “sidelined” for at least 12 days after the incident (which is why McGrath has been ruled out of Thursday’s match against FC.) It looks like a “sidelined” player is still allowed to train (presumably non-contact, otherwise it defeats the purpose of the new protocol.)

I’m happy the precedent has been set.

1 Like

the first post said he was in the modified group, which I think is non contact more fitness based group?

@nackers correct me if i’m wrong.

There’ll be a bunch of players who go off concussed but will play the following week because there’ll be a different label attached to their condition.
not concussion just a solid bump.
there was a computer malfunction when administering the test so he appeared overly stupid.
no he’s right to go, he looked dazed but that was just a lack of concentration.
no no he was just temporarily jolted.

3 Likes

Not sure they need a computer malfunction for some players to appear overly stupid.
Although I think you have inadvertently highlighted another rule change that favours Collingwood because many of their players appear overly stupid

1 Like