Training Report - Wed 7th December 2023

If you’re talking generally on training days, I reckon Langford and Redman are the 2 that are commanding on-field, and lead standards in repeat efforts. Both also take errors on training days more seriously. Even small fumbles.

Hind and Stringer are both vocal, but much of what they say is stirring teammates.

Merrett is pretty quiet on training days. He puts in effort, and competes to a high standard, but vocally, he’s more inclined to smile and banter with teammates.

11 Likes

ShockedFry.gif

2 Likes

I forgot to say, including each other. There was a bit of that going on today, and the fact that they were doing different drills apart from each other didn’t stop them.

2 Likes

1 Like

Yes Antonio, yes…

4 Likes

Was Tex Wanganeen spotted today? Or still recovering from injury and only doing light stuff?

1 Like

Joined in more of the session today, but still doing some rehab stuff also

8 Likes

do you know if Conforti is trialing for a SSP spot or was just bolstering up the numbers for drills etc?

3 Likes

There has been a few VFL players filter into training over the last few weeks, so I assume its just to get numbers up and make them feel more inclusive.

4 Likes

I believe Jones is not injured by the way. All i can say. Should be visible soon

43 Likes

If you’re a patreon to our podcast… myself and Nackers are doing a podcast chat tonight on training so far

31 Likes

looking forward to it. Any intel on who else the club might get down to trial for an SSP spot? Besides Brad Lynch and Rueben McGuire?

Very unfortunate news about Harry. Hope this is just a blip on the radar and he gets back to training ASAP.

Stringer has trimmed down a lot in just 2 weeks, and is moving much more quickly. He even kept up with Lav for a short while, which is a decent effort, as Lav was moving at a fair pace on his laps.

Walla has trimmed down somewhat already. He participated in all drills and running, and didn’t look to be lagging behind his group at any stage.

I watched Baldwin a bit, as he has added a lot of size, and seemed to be lumbering about a bit a couple of weeks ago. Today, he did all drills and running, and was always in the front half of his group.

There were several different drills that involved hitting targets on the run. One where pairs of players faced each other and kicked the ball back and forth, but they had to turn away, then spin back and kick quickly, and another where they were crumbing the ball, turning a corner and kicking to a teammate. Mass always looks a cut above the rest on these drills, and rarely makes his target work very hard.

One of the drills was a half field play with 2 teams trying mostly to kick and mark through congestion, with the opposing team trying to intercept/spoil, with some play on if the ball hit the ground. Both Tsatas and Setterfield caught the eye at different times during this exercise, especially once the ball was on the ground. Hind was decent, without being outstanding today, but at one point in this drill, he had a great run through traffic across half the field to bring himself within range of the goal and have a kick at it.

71 Likes

Unfortunate news that he’s not injured?

1 Like

I don’t have any inside info or anything like that but to me this suggests perhaps he’s got some personal issues or has been a naughty boy

1 Like

Could be any number of reasons really

4 Likes

Sounds ominous.

6 Likes

could be COVID?

2 Likes

Geez i feel for Jay Davey, robbed of his 17’s and 18’a years because of knees, robbed of his new draftee first day because of Covid, and his brother gets to do all of it.

Training watchers, give him a big cheer when he eventually gets out on the track, let him know we are all behind him, he’s a really good kid.

103 Likes