Training Report - Wed 7th December 2023

nah, he’s part of it.
will do his first day soon.
And work with Munkara on his fitness. He’s assured of 2 years from the draft.
wouldn’t be that bad having a little holiday till after christmas.

Always feels a bit weird starting a new job a couple of weeks before christmas and then you go on holidays.

We haven’t lost a game. And we haven’t endured one of those ‘Injury updates’ that a media commentator breaks at around 8:20pm just after the Club releases its weekly performance update with good news on injury front…

2 Likes

I don’t know for sure but I reckon if it was thought to be COVID cjohns would say so as he has in the past. I suspect it’s something else.

Can’t wait until we win the intraclub training match sim

Snelling put some body on Zerk today contending with him for the ball, and bounced straight off him into the grass. He didn’t get up all that quickly. I don’t think Zerk even changed course.

37 Likes

My immediate thoughts here were that he’s been told to hit the gym hard… we should see his mad gainz soon?

3 Likes

Its mandatory by the AFL/AFLPA

Is that really the colour of the grass, or has someone at EFC media gone bananas with funky white balance settings and overblown editing!?

2 Likes

scooter i’m an old bugger but would love to hear your take on training… how do i get on to patreon?

We do a patreon aite to help fund the show. We simply just ask for $3 a month and put in shows every week just for patrons

To join just click on below link and choose the cheap pay option. Download the patreon app on your phone or listen through a laptop

https://www.patreon.com/posts/75526000?utm_campaign=postshare_creator

9 Likes

ok i’ve joined ty

All up they’d have about 10 shots on goal with the “cutout”

With an explicit emphasis and instruction to handball forward!

1 Like

Any updates on zerk? He had a great back half of the season but seems all but forgotten about. He’s my sleeper for 2023, would be keen to know how he’s tracking.

3 Likes

How is Guelf looking? Any observations?

I’ve got my doubts on Zerk’s viability long term but I can’t see why he wouldn’t be in the team come round 1 next year.

I think unless Reid jumps out of the ground this summer then you’d have Zerk, Lav and Ridley locked in to get first crack. I’m probably in the minority but I’m actually an advocate of playing all 4 of them (Reid, Zerk, Lav and Ridley) and have Redman, McGrath and Mass/Hind to take the smalls. Ridley on the medium or least dangerous tall and chopping across aerially wherever possible to help out. One of the above mentioned on the bench at any point.

With Zerk I do like the fact that he plays with desperation. He’s a guy who when you’re watching him play, you’re never in any doubt that he’s giving absolutely everything.

13 Likes

your an advocate because you want Ridley to play smaller (medium)
me too as i want LAV to play medium.

I have always had Zerk doubts, but he has improved immensely this year and no doubt looking to solidify his spot.

Reid 202cm
Zerk 195cm
Ridley 195cm

should be able to get the job done on the talls. Plus zerk and Ridley have agility to play on mediums as well.

to fill the remaining 4 spots
Redman
McGrath
Massimo/ Hind
LAV / Kelly

4 Likes

I think Lav could get pushed out if Reid claims a spot as a key defender. I like Zerk, reckon he’s made of the right stuff.

7 Likes

totally agree alex i reckon he is under the radar big time

I couldn’t imagine anything less than magnificent.

20 Likes