Training reports for 2018-11-12 - The Return

The black mens “media” polo looks ok from the front, but the rear view will give me OCD if that little wing thing just below the vertical red line isnt lined up properly.

https://www.bombershop.com.au/men/t-shirts-singlets-polos/mens-media-polo-27166

I’d always assumed that when people said that there was plenty of speed in our team that they were referring to our players’ ability to run fast … now I am not so sure.

9 Likes

Jesus that Amart logo looks like shi t

7 Likes

Have heard hes built some solid muscle into his arms. Has given it a crack over the off period.

1 Like

Next they’ll release an AFLX jersey

1 Like

You haven’t got the email yet?

1 Like

Fark Amart. We better be getting a shiteload of cash in exchange for looking that ugly…

we’re not.

I’m pretty sure the Latin for “a shiteload of cash” is actually our club motto

3 Likes

Go to @karmabomber on Instagram for all today’s Pics!:smile::wink:

10 Likes

We are going to use Roman numerals for player numbers.

X Darren Bewick

5 Likes

It’s a good thing XXXVIII Sammy Draper has broad shoulders then,

5 Likes

That Francis vs Stringer contest should be happening all preseason. Worth heading down to Hangar for.

9 Likes

Actually we are.

8 Likes

Green really has put on some height over the pre season.

5 Likes

Stringer looks overweight.

Nothing to worry about…unless of course you’re a defender who he’s about to ‘clean up’ on the way to kicking a goal!!:joy:

If he’s wearing the same socks as last year, I’ll go full @wimmera1

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/more-news/essendon-begins-preseason-training-but-joe-daniher-another-week-away-from-resuming/news-story/6fd61ad74d9579307ba9f441609d4921?fbclid=IwAR1ZrrEEfugZhRjT07jVdlu_J-Sbpo1rVsnhylVKayRR2pQmk5YsgkalbTU

Essendon begins pre-season training, but Joe Daniher another week away from resuming

Chris Cavanagh, Herald Sun

November 12, 2018 4:39pm

Subscriber only

A bulked-up Joe Daniher is on track to begin pre-season training next week after a host of his Essendon teammates officially began their preparation for season 2019.

Senior players including captain Dyson Heppell, ruckman Tom Bellchambers and forwards Jake Stringer and Orazio Fantasia returned to Tullamarine a week early to join the Bombers’ second-to-fourth-year players on the first day of pre-season on Monday.

Daniher — who was sidelined after Round 7 this year with early onset of osteitis pubis — was nowhere to be seen but has been at the club in recent weeks training in the gym.

JOHN WORSFOLD: WE’RE READY TO FLY

PICK SWAP? WHY BLUES MIGHT TRADE FIRST PICK

RECRUITER: ROSS LYON DIDN’T WANT CYRIL

The 24-year-old will join the rest of the playing group when they resume training next week.

“He’s been in (the club) a lot of the time in the break. I think he’s put on a few kilos,” Essendon assistant coach Hayden Skipworth said of Daniher.

Jake Long in action as the Bombers’ younger players returned. Pic: Michael Klein

Coach John Worsfold welcomes captain Dyson Heppell back to Essendon training. Pic: Michael Klein

“He’ll be progressing like all the boys pre-Christmas and hopefully we can have him for 22 games next year.”

Fantasia, who similarly has his 2018 season ruined by hamstring problems which restricted him to 13 games, trained well across an opening session which spanned more than two hours, the Bombers hopeful he too can get himself in tip-top shape for next season.

Andrew McGrath gets stuck into the start of Essendon pre-season training at Tullamarine. Pic: Michael Klein

“He’s just got to get his body right,” Skipworth said.

“We all know what a fantastic player he is and he’s a great leader for our club as well so it was good to see him start back with the young guys. He controlled his speed today, didn’t go over the top, which is a good thing. But he looks in great nick as he always does.”

Long spoils Orazio Fantasia. Pic: Michael Klein

Fantasia, Kyle Langford, Conor McKenna and Shaun McKernan were part of a self-funded high attitude training camp to Colorado earlier this month which was led by David Zaharakis and Bombers high performance manager Paul Turk.

“David Zaharakis, who has improved his leadership enormously over the last 12 months, goes before pre-season every year and he invited a few of the other guys to go over with him,” Skipworth said.

“There’s a few still over there at the moment so hopefully they come back in really good shape.”

Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti is among those hoping to propel the Bombers up the ladder next year. Pic: Michael Klein

J-Train … Jayden Laverde leads Jake Long and Jake Stringer. Pic: Michael Klein

Skipworth said he was most excited about 2019 by the way the Essendon finished last season, winning 10 of its last 14 games after a slow start.

“Hopefully we can use that momentum into next year and into the start of the season,” he said.

“Everyone’s excited and they got a little taste of where we’re at and what we can do and now it’s just building on that over pre-season and taking that into the start of the season.”

Tom Bellchambers made an early return. Pic: Michael Klein

Aaron Francis wrestles with Stringer. Pic: Michael Klein

Adam Saad gets a fist in. Pic: Michael Klein

Heppell set the example by returning early to training. Pic: Michael Klein

McGrath has been a fine recruit since being selected with pick 1. Pic: Michael Klein

The Bombers are a different side with Fantasia in the front half. Pic: Michael Klein

14 Likes

This is gonna be the world’s longest off season.
Given I started following footy in 2005 there has never been a more LID OFF vibe for the club while I’ve been into AFL.
Let’s do this.

5 Likes