Training reports for 2018-11-12 - The Return

Refer three posts above.

Exactly

Meh whatever, I donā€™t really care so long as he performs.

eye of the beholder perhaps? Stringer looks in better shape than when he arrived last seasonā€¦ and he was reported as in better shape then due to having a point to prove.

Have no doubt he has been working on find the perfect balance of strength/cardio for the role we want him to play. Canā€™t wait!

Havenā€™t even had the draft yet and already canā€™t wait for action. Going to be a long long long preseason

1 Like

Good coverage of day 1. Bring on day 2!!

Credibility restored.

Yep.

I see people saying Stringer looks fat and Stewart and Zerk look big and I can only see the exact opposite.

3 Likes

This preseason is crucial. Not for the top 8 players in the club but the 10-12 players who sit in the above average group in the best 22. A full preseason for this group of young players will be the key factor in improvement of the team in 2019.

1 Like

Anyone know when/if the other training sessions are on this week? Just asking for a friend :grin: who would like to time a trip to the bombers shop with some training viewing?

1 Like

LAV looks like he might have trimmed up (in the one, slightly blurry, photo). Hopefully targeting more midfield minutes.

1 Like

LAV-HURTY

1 Like

Well if Zerk was actually big, then by comparison Stringer would be fat

1 Like

True. Without getting too carried away I think there is a genuine reason for the list and those middle tier players you mentioned to be feeling very excited by the preseason and the 2019 season ahead.
How they finished this season.
The recruitment of Shiel - the buzz from it but also the fact he is ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  good.
The rating of the list as strong and in that window.

That has to give the players that extra drive to train harder and smarter to make the most of the opportunity.

And the coaches have to make sure they steer the players correctly and carefully. Canā€™t have them over training and getting injuries. They have to keep them grounded and focused on the fundamentals.

If post-round 8 they now all understand what they need to do then the weeks ahead should see it coming together.

MORE TRAINING REPORTS!!!

String looks fine in the photos.
So happy to see Raz back. We need him
Everyoneā€™s eyes will be on JoeDan next week.

1 Like

True. But Iā€™ll agree with you, and HAP re Zerk and Stringer. Zerk is a kid, and Stringer isnā€™t fat.

And Stewart is a fairly large unit.

2 Likes

Stringer does look leaner this year, I wonder if they have cut back his weights to build a bigger tank?

Iā€™m not too fussed how they look now, they should all have probably put on a little bit while they got their bodies right and in preparation for the pre-season ahead.

I know itā€™s cool to come back ripped and swole and to have been seen in the gym but Iā€™m more interested in what they look like 3 months from now.

1 Like

So next Monday is everyone?

15 posts were split to a new topic: Training report 2018-11-18 - ALL IN