Training Sat 12th Feb of some year before 2023

Good numbers on the track at the minute.

The best news that I thought was worth sharing is that Harry Jones is back out there training with the forwards group in a drill they are doing.

Whether he’d be pulled out if they progressed to more vigorous, match sim type stuff I don’t know but it’s a great sign that he mustn’t be far away at all.

99 Likes

Baldwin, Cox, Hobbs, Jones, Perkins & Tex watch.

2 Likes

Stringer training?

Perkins training exclusively with the midfield group. Just won a clearance and burst away and smacked it from 55 out.

105 Likes

Nah not seen today

2 Likes

Next week apparently

1 Like

Langford is continuing to train which is good to see. He’s partaking in all the drills to date. Still a touch wary of the left shoulder but it seems they are confident that it’s only minor and will settle down.

47 Likes

Stringer has emerged. With bucket hat on.

Must have been doing some work in the gym.

40 Likes

Edit:nvm

Tex is walking around as an observer today. Sitting this one out. Looks fine though.

1 Like

Full ground ball movement stuff now.
Kick, mark type stuff. Not a proper full contact match sim.

Cutler’s kicking skills have stood out. Picking off that 45 degree inside kick really well.

29 Likes

It can’t be overstated just how bl00dy good Ridley is. He is on another level back there. Basically nothing gets past him and he knows how and when to use his body in the contest to protect the drop zone better than anyone else.

49 Likes

Just need to instruct him on how to climb the goalpost and shake it at a crucial moment in a game against the Sydney Ronas.

8 Likes

peak Essendon pre-season arrived

16 Likes

Really interesting watching today. Snelling in front of me has been almost co-leading some drills from the sideline. Truck and Will both talking tactics at length and commenting on drills and both instructing players on positioning. I wondered if Will wants to do coaching in future

59 Likes

Great to see Josh Eyre back in full training today

53 Likes

Glorious sunny day in Melbourne and the only rain is of the good news variety that is pouring from training watchers.

10 Likes

Sight for sore Eyres.

26 Likes

Good news.

That’s nothing. After reading that I just smacked one from home.

9 Likes